thiking of getting the Galaxy Tab

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
Ok gotta a couple of questions.....want to get the TAB but dont wanna pay for the 3G services. Can you cancel the plan after a month of use??? Or does anyone know when the WiFi only Tab is coming out?

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
I never activated mine and have enabled airplane mode so it does not continue to try automatically. So I am wifi only even though the tab would have been cheaper if I just waited for that one.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
I believe the Wifi version will be pretty much the same price as the non-wifi version. I would like to see how much it is. Hopefully it will be less than $400.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Problem is Verizon (the carrier model sold at Costco) has unnecessarily crippled bluetooth functionality on the Galaxy tab such that certain bt peripherals such as bluetooth keyboards cannot be used. Really stupid move on their part. So no Verizon Galaxy tab (Costco) for me. I picked up my Sprint branded Galaxy Tabs on ebay. People appear to be dumping their Galaxy's now in anticipation of release of the Motorola Xoom. Lucky me...

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
So does the TAB from a VZW store has the Bluetooth disabled too? Want to tether the TAB to my DINC., I also hate to say this but the iPAD is growing on me knowing I really don't like Apple.
I am using this tablet for my kids to play with and for basic usage at home and movies. How do you get movies on the TAB?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

newst

Jan 1, 2011
Yes, the Verizon version of the Tab has the crrippled BT regardless of where you buy it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App