Think Im in Flashing trouble

Cosmoe

May 4, 2011
Sd card flashed my BB S7 with the Indonesian rom went fine..... But went to reflash with the
Norwegian rom and nothing, boots like normal wont even go into the flash mode. must have botcaed the first time, made sure the once.cfg file not there but not sure the unlmt.cfg file was there. is there a way to fix or am I done. ? ( have tried the usb update too and get nothing )
I believe the unlmt.cfg file should have been on the sd card also, im thinking if its not there it defaults to once.cfg. is this true ?. can I edit file system anywhere to fix ? I did use pc formated sd card to do the first rom.

(Fix it found bad sd card, used another sd card worked fine )

Thanks

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i flashed my tablet to different ROM (indonesian 2.2, norway 2.2, eclair, back to indonesian 2.2) with no problem, i didn't see any once.cfg file out there.

this is quoted from my post about flashing firmware:
Q & A for common problems

Q. Why upgrade fails? it will not flash new ROM, but boot the tablet normally to old ROM.
A. - If you have SD card formatted using android, format it again using Windows system
- If you have rename the "dload" folder using android, rename the "dload" folder using Windows system.

i tried also to unpacking the RAR file using androidzip, it is the same, will not flash.

try to prepare your sd card and files using PC.