Think my Ebay Nook may have issues??

jenneelk

May 7, 2011
I just got it in the mail today and it has gingerbread 2.3.3 on the tablet, not the sd card. I wanted this since it was said to run smoother but mine seems quite choppy and delayed. The soft touch has had a couple episodes of not respond well, or at all. I've had to hit the power button on and off to reset it. Also I've noticed that it will either change pages and do things without me pushing anything, or it's just a bad bad delay of some sort.
Is this something that can happen if CM7 isn't done properly?
Honestly its bugging me to no end and I don't like it at all for the price.

thanks for any advice

I do have it running at the max 925.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just got it in the mail today and it has gingerbread 2.3.3 on the tablet, not the sd card. I wanted this since it was said to run smoother but mine seems quite choppy and delayed. The soft touch has had a couple episodes of not respond well, or at all. I've had to hit the power button on and off to reset it. Also I've noticed that it will either change pages and do things without me pushing anything, or it's just a bad bad delay of some sort.
Is this something that can happen if CM7 isn't done properly?
Honestly its bugging me to no end and I don't like it at all for the price.

thanks for any advice

I do have it running at the max 925.

Sometimes having a dirty screen will cause those issues believe it or not. The screen is very sensitive so try cleaning it. If that doesn't help (and maybe in you should any way) you can always install a clean copy of whatever ROM you want to run. It sounds like you are leaning to CM7 but UD and Phiremod are also gingerbread options.

JP

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I would nuke it and start over. Who knows what apps is on there. Also, are you running some super live wallpaper? That has bogged mine down a few times.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
If its loaded with many apps and because of other factors it maybe has this behavior.
Better clean it and start over to match it to your needs. ;)