Thinking about an Android Tablet

ICrank

Jun 16, 2013
I have a rooted Nook and I am running Jellybean 4.2

I really like it but the processor in a nook is slow.

I am thinking about an Android Tablet but want to keep the cost down $150-$200.

Mostly this will be used for the following:

Books
Movies - streaming
Email
Web browsing

I prefer a 32MB but would consider 16MB -

Any thoughts?

Rick

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Rick and welcome to the forum

There are a lot of more powerful tablets out there the the Nook and all of thim would meet your requirements but most may not meet your budget with the performance. $200 isn't much for a really good tablet but if a 7" is doable someone will make a suggestion I sure.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hey Rick. Let me start the ball rolling. May I suggest the Acer Iconia A1 with 16GB of onboard memory and ports galore. All for only US$199.00 at the local Walmart.
Ed

ButchOk

Nov 8, 2011
My husband has the Google Nexus 7 and loves it. you can get a 16gb one for the price range you mentioned. He says it is fast, powerful, smooth and the os is clean without anything distorting the android experience.

Butch

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
yeah i agree it may work with the specification demanded .. but the matter arises in quality and the performance afterward with such products ...are they up with the expectations for longer usage ?..

All first adopters take risks. You want a sure thing? Get an Apple and live by their rules.

Sent from an S7P running XE-Sero7ROM (TabletUI)