Thinking about buying, is Novo's website a good deal?

MartyFried

Oct 15, 2012
I came across this device, and in looking at their website (Ainol Novo - Ainol Novo Android Tablet - Ainol Novo Online Store) found 5 or 6 devices for sale, ranging from $99 to about $159. (Link to cheapest device: http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo7-elf-ii-7-inch-dual-core-1-5ghz-android-tablet.html)

The $99 one is 8GB with Android 4.0.3, and can be bought with 4.1 for $129. It's so far not clear to me whether this is the only difference. In fact, it's not too clear to me what the difference is between the various models, other than some are 16GB - if anyone can take a look and summarize, I'd be eternally grateful. I will eventually figure it out, I think, but I'm totally new to Android devices.

So, what I'm really wondering about is whether any of you have had any experience buying direct from them. It seems like they are the only ones with any choices when buying. They even have a free option to set it to English language.

Is this a good device for a first-time buyer? I'm a long-time computer hobbyist and programmer, now retired so I don't want to spend a lot. But I'm a Linux user, with several Linux systems (including a web server), one Mac OSX system, and a few old Windows XP systems -not to mention a couple of old iPods, all of which I administer. So, I'm pretty technically adept. In my limited experience, this looks like a fantastic buy, although it all depends on quality and reliability, things I also value.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Marty Fried
Left Coast, USA

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Greetings there I develop a rom for the elf 2 its a nice tab but the aurora is a much better experience.

For $123.00 you can get the aurora 2 which has a much better screen then the elf, I own an elf an auorua and its like night and day for quality,

So this IPS screen and 16GB + free shipping, I buy from these guys all the time and have had excellent results and prices, Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II 16GB Dual Core Amlogic8726 M6 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet PC with 7-inch 5-Point IPS Capacitive Touch Screen and G-sensor (White) - WorldWide Free Shipping'

I hope this help's you out and if you want to just scout the rest of the tablets, the site stocks quite a few http://www.***************/F=83693&reurl='index.html'

MartyFried

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for the link to the store - their prices are about the same, and may be more reliable (although the ainol site had the option to set it to English - do you know if this one will do that?).

I was looking at the Flame version, actually, and wondering if it's worth the extra money. It looks pretty good, with higher resolution, bluetooth, nicer camera, and a few other niceties. I'll have to make a list of features to see what's what, and perhaps prioritize them to decide what I want. But thanks for the links, especially this vendor.

Marty Fried

MartyFried

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks, I'll probably get the Aurora like you suggested from them. I'll mention, if there's an opportunity, that I'd like Englist set. My wife and son both speak Chinese, though, do I'm not really too worried.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks, I'll probably get the Aurora like you suggested from them. I'll mention, if there's an opportunity, that I'd like Englist set. My wife and son both speak Chinese, though, do I'm not really too worried.

Id gladly make a youtube video showing you the exact clicks if you do have an issue, just let me know :p

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Greetings there I develop a rom for the elf 2 its a nice tab but the aurora is a much better experience.

For $123.00 you can get the aurora 2 which has a much better screen then the elf, I own an elf an auorua and its like night and day for quality,

So this IPS screen and 16GB + free shipping, I buy from these guys all the time and have had excellent results and prices, Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II 16GB Dual Core Amlogic8726 M6 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet PC with 7-inch 5-Point IPS Capacitive Touch Screen and G-sensor (White) - WorldWide Free Shipping'

I hope this help's you out and if you want to just scout the rest of the tablets, the site stocks quite a few http://www.***************/F=83693&reurl='index.html'

I just ordered the ainol legend from them they are great shipping speed.