Thinking About Upgrading/Switching to Nexus 7 from A500

tomandjerry00

Jul 18, 2012
I have had my Acer A500 for nearly a year now and I've been thinking about buying a Nexus 7 and giving my A500 to my dad. There has been so much hype over the new tablet and I like the new features that help with simplifying every day tasks with longer battery life. And 7" is easier to carry...

Anyone have any thoughts or have upgraded themselves?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Higher screen resolution, smaller screen. but you will be giving up your full sized USB port. That is the main reason I got the A500. But that's just me. I had the A200 at first and traded it up to the A500 because I wanted the larger screen. I love my A500and so far there is nothing out that I would trade it for.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Also, no SD or microSD slot.

You can get USB if you root and use a dongle.

It is a solid tablet and Jelly Bean is oh so sweet!

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I thought about the Nexus 7, but there are too many features missing. The Acer A110 looks like a better 7" tab, but I haven't actually seen one.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for your thoughts and keep it coming!

Has anyone with an A500 bought a nexus 7?
My answer is NO. But you must decide whether you want to miss features like microSD slot, full sized USB which the A500 has. I'd rather upgrade to the A700 but what is stopping me is no FULL SIZED USB. It is one feature that I would want - and one of the main reasons I don't like the iPad.