Thinking of buying a tablet - questions.

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
Hello,

So recently I've been thinking of buying a little Android tablet just for portability. It's main uses will be light word processing/note taking, web browsing and of course the occasional game/video.

I've predominately been searching on eBay (Australia) for some tablets, and I came across 3 different models that interest me. The problem is that they don't have any actual NAME or BRAND, so it is difficult to identify them.

Here are the links to the 3 tablets I have found.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
7" Google Android 2.3 Tablet 4 GB ePad WIFI 3G MID 7 INCH eBook Reader eReader | eBay
7" 24GB Android 4.0 Ainol Novo7 MIPS-XBurst 1.0GHz 2-Point Capacitive Tablet PC | eBay

I am unsure how each of them compare, obviously because I am unable to identify them completely. I know the 3rd one is an Ainol Novo 7, though I am unsure about the rest.

Are any of these tablets recommended, or would you recommend me another one? My budget is about $160 USD (including shipping) at the highest.

Also, one last thing. The first 2 links state that the tablet supports a Wireless 802.11a connection/dual band wireless (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz). If possible, could anyone confirm whether this is true or not as I do require Wireless A to use the tablet in some places.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Raider,

As A general comment I would not buy a Tablet I couldn't fully identify.

The second choice has a Resistive screen which rules it our for me. Among the other two I would prefer the Ainol.

When that is said. Try to see what you can get from some of the vendors supporting this forum. They have a full description of the product, offer warranty and support: Supporting Vendors

Here is a good buyers guide for newbies: How To select your Android Tablet

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I too was steering away from the Tablet with the resistive screen, as I've researched that they basically need a stylus to function correctly.

Apart from the Tablet's I mentioned, which one would you recommend for around $160 USD (including shipping to Australia)? And which vendor from the supporting ones is preferred or recommended by most?

Thanks.

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
How long does the battery last on the Zenithink C71? And, are you aware if it can connect to dualband (5.0 GHz) wireless connections?

Also, in terms of app compatibility, how does the Zenithink rank?

Oh, I almost forgot. I've also found these 'MOMO' tablets, specifically the MOMO8 and MOMO9. How do they compare with the C71?

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Raider,

I'd suggest you to have a look at the Ainol Novo 7 ELF & Zenithink C71.
These two modes both comes with ICS and can support skype video chat, also can meet your budget perfectly. hope you can find what you want finally!:)

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
Hey SpeMall, thanks for the recommendations.

Which one is preferred out of the two you recommend? And in terms of application compatibility, which one is likely to be compatible with more applications?

May I also ask, which is likely to have a longer span and be able to update to future versions of Android OS?

Also, do any of these mentioned tablets support the 5.0 GHz WiFi?

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hey SpeMall, thanks for the recommendations.

Which one is preferred out of the two you recommend? And in terms of application compatibility, which one is likely to be compatible with more applications?

May I also ask, which is likely to have a longer span and be able to update to future versions of Android OS?

Also, do any of these mentioned tablets support the 5.0 GHz WiFi?

Hi goonraiders, both the ainol ELF and the Zenithink C71 are very good choices, and you can see lot of positive reviews about those two models on the forum, If you really want to make a dicision, i think you can get the Ainol Novo 7 ELF, it have a higher resolution screen, and comes with 1GB RAM, 8GB Nandflash, and it's 10USD cheaper than the Zenithink C71 in our site. Also, it's updated with the newest firmware for android market & Flash 11.1 pre-installed, hope this hleps. welcome to order!
:)

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
Hey SpeMall.

I was leaning toward the Ainol Novo 7 Elf due to the extra RAM, so glad I am on the right track.

I notice the website states free shipping? Does this refer to shipping to all countries?

Reason I ask is because I live in Australia, and just want to make sure that I can account for the price in the budget if shipping is an addition to the price.

Thanks.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hey SpeMall.

I was leaning toward the Ainol Novo 7 Elf due to the extra RAM, so glad I am on the right track.

I notice the website states free shipping? Does this refer to shipping to all countries?

Reason I ask is because I live in Australia, and just want to make sure that I can account for the price in the budget if shipping is an addition to the price.

Thanks.

Hi goonraiders, The free shipping is not available in our site at the moment. But we offer 60% Off for standard and Expedited shipping, so, you will not cost much for the shippment.
And the price of Ainol Novo 7 ELF is for around $150 with shipping (if you choose the standard shipping). Welcome to order!:)

Last edited:

Maui9

May 29, 2011
the ainol 7 elf is ur best bet especially after the firmware update.

Last edited by a moderator:

goonraiders

Mar 10, 2012
One last thing that hasn't yet been answered - If I decide to purchase the Ainol Novo 7 Elf, will it work with future versions of Android such as 5.0, 6.0 etc?

Reason I ask is because I want a long term tablet, not some tablet thats going to last a year then be deemed ancient.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, before you buy, take a lookat the teclast p85hd currently around 90gbp maybe lower aud than elf. From spemall this looks like a very good deal. The reason I say this is I have a 7" tab & find it too small for web/games etc on some. The 8" isn't much bigger in dimension but. Gives more screen visibility. I was looking at buying 1 but opted for 9.7" screen instead. Don't know about broadband limits but I overall thinkits better,unless you need 16gb hdd (you can always add sd card).you might want to check other sites but if you can get free or cheap shipping I recommend this 1.

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
One last thing that hasn't yet been answered - If I decide to purchase the Ainol Novo 7 Elf, will it work with future versions of Android such as 5.0, 6.0 etc?

Reason I ask is because I want a long term tablet, not some tablet thats going to last a year then be deemed ancient.
lol... you know, the android 5.0 & 6.0 is not available yet, but i think Ainol will continue developing new firmwares for the new coming android OS. Thanks!
:)

Last edited: