Thinking of making a website......

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Hey, I was thinking of making a website with movies converted into mobile formats. Thoughts? What specific tablets should I make the movies for? All legalities aside, would anyone use it?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All legalities aside i would. Can't wait for Netflix?

Seriously, would rather pay you instead of them.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I can't stream movies I have Hughes Net and can only download 250 MB a day streaming would sap that very fast. The weird thing is that I have unlimited uploads so I could upload movies to a site.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I payed for the software that I use. This whole thing is a huge gray area in the legal world.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
480P MP4 would cover all sorts of devices, even more so if you drop down to 360P or so. People will use it. There are already a few ad-supported apps in the Android market that do this.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Wow! you must be fast!!! I am super happy I figured out how to put movies on my S7. I loaded about 10 on there and watch them over my lunch hour sometimes. This tablet is going to be fantastic on long distance trips etc. So is this like a straight download then and not like a torrent_?

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I'd say that your best bet would be to use a program like Wordpress.You didn't say who is going to be hosting your site but most hosts now have wordpress on hand for you to install. You did say that you had bought your domain from Godaddy. I usually buy my domains from them as well, but, personally I would not use them for hosting a site due to a number of problems that can arise.

lol I am using a free domain from 000webhost.com! The site is almost complete.

lansing786

Feb 27, 2011
So was the website ever made? If so, what the address?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
the site looks good but the download didnt work, which you knew i am just confirming

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I think that it got corrupted on the upload. I will try to upload with better internet sometime this coming week.