Thinking of refurbishing tablets

joe468

Feb 12, 2013
Hi
I this is my first time here.I was looking into what it make take and even if it is profitable refurbishing tablets to supplement income.I'm working part time hours right now as a telephone technican and data technician on phone systems for major retail businesses and I am required to figure out how to fix expensive phone and cash register equipment so I think I can figure out through available resources how to fix tablets.
I was wondering peoples opinions on which may be the most profitable if any in getting parts and the actual refurbishing of the tablet.
I was looking at the Asus Nexus 7.The disassembly videos I have seen on youtube its seems pretty straight forward on disassembling .But wondering what are other good ones that would/might sell pretty good.
I plan on doing this as a supplement at least for now and sell at swap meets.I went with a buddy of mine to a swap meet for his first time who refurbishes Coby Kyros tablets and sold pretty good.And I read those are really low end.
It seems Nexus 7 are rated really good but wondering if I want to do those for a swap meet setting or start with something more mid scale as tablets go.

Thanks in advance

Gadgetjq

Feb 1, 2013
Anyone who could change tablet batteries could probably make a pretty good living. Granted most are too new to require the service now but give it a couple of years and there will be a flood of tab owners needing a new power source. Don't limit yourself to one brand though. Offer services for as many brands/models as you can become proficient at repairing. Eventually you might discover replacing broken screens is a needed service too. Guessing if you can disassemble enough for a battery replacement a screen is just another step or two. Finally, while many will carry a cell phone to a swap meet, relatively few would be hauling a tablet along. This sounds like a home business to me.

Bluekwack

Mar 8, 2013
I looked into buying Nexus 7 with broken screens, there are hundreds on Ebay, but the new screens are restrictivly expensive, as in not far off the price of a new Nexus 7, so until the chinese start making cheap screens for them i wont be using that one

eachgame

Mar 8, 2013
idon't recommend buying a refurbishing tablet . Coz tablets are having price from $50 to $300 . Pick one of them with usual function will be good as well