Thinking to change from acer to asus...

markhopus

Jun 22, 2011
I own an acer a500. I really liki it, its quite cool. The only reason i wanna change it, because the michrophone is not working very good. You have to shout, because they dont hear you on the other side. Im wondering, is the asus transformer got any problem with the microphone? Is it working properly?

miked

Jul 31, 2011
The mic and camera work fine. I use both on skype and have no problems

How did you manage to use Skype video? I have a Transformer too; the video option is not even there (in Skype settings).

With reference to sound, the mic and speaker seem to work fine. Only when I use a plug-in headset... I'm told that the volume on the other side is low (hard to hear me). It's easy to change the audio volume on the speaker, but I can't find anything for the mic. For me it is a problem.

miked

Jul 31, 2011
The mic and camera work fine. I use both on skype and have no problems

I use TALK daily on the TF and video chat works fine. I was just courious how jtsauburn got Skype working on the TF. News to me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
The TF's mic and cameras both work work fine for me - it's a solid tablet, especially with the keyboard dock. It completes it.

As for Skype, I'm curious as well! Maybe it was just a mistake, though...

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Get an ipad 2.

Please, don't spam these threads. This forum is for discussion, not randomly spamming legitimate threads with legitimate questions.

Besides - if he wanted an iPad, he would probably get an iPad. Android provides flexibililty (like support for a dockable keyboard with a trackpad, BATTERY, and USB ports. Some don't need this, many do, and many want it. The iPad does have incredible polish, I'll give it that (hardware and OS) but it lacks that flexibility.

Anyway, on topic - the Transformer is a great tablet - I myself would choose it. No mic problems (altough I have already said all that in my last post ;))