Thinkpad anyone else?

ker2

Aug 25, 2010
Who's getting a thinkpad and for what reason any artists

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lane77

Aug 28, 2011
I've already got one. The ports, stylus, and keyboard folio really set it apart for me. This thing rocks so far.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Android Tablet Forum

ker2

Aug 25, 2010
I ordered mine still waiting says shipping by 9/15 do u draw if so hows stylus feel

Lane77

Aug 28, 2011
I've used the picsin app to do some drawing the menu is awful looking, but once in the interface is much better the stylus feels good got a nice weight to it very accurate

mthaiss

Aug 31, 2011
I've had a demo for about a month and I think I'll buy one. Its heavy, but I like the glass and the fact that the stylus has a slot inside the tablet.

Can anyone tell me why it has a SIM card slot? The obvious reason is that this is the same mold as the upcoming 3G version. However, the Battery Use info screen ALWAYS displays Cell Standby as the number 1 battery hog, even with Airplane mode on. And the details of Cell Standby show "Time without signal 100%" (kinda obvious without a SIM, but still).
I asked my Lenovo rep, but he didn't get an answer from the engineers...

krishnajames

Sep 13, 2011
I ordered the ThinkSlate from the Lenovo website on 8/28...it said est. ship date 9/3...when the order was done, the ship date magically became 9/16...now my est ship date is blank...who knows when it will be...I know you can get the tab from resellers much quicker but no one besides the Lenovo website seems to have the keyboard folio...this is pretty rediculous...my advice to anyone...dont ever order a Lenovo direct from their website...this type of debacle happened to me when I ordered my X200 from the website

Lane77

Aug 28, 2011
Heard theres a fix coming out to address that one in a couple days

ker2

Aug 25, 2010
I ordered the ThinkSlate from the Lenovo website on 8/28...it said est. ship date 9/3...when the order was done, the ship date magically became 9/16...now my est ship date is blank...who knows when it will be...I know you can get the tab from resellers much quicker but no one besides the Lenovo website seems to have the keyboard folio...this is pretty rediculous...my advice to anyone...dont ever order a Lenovo direct from their website...this type of debacle happened to me when I ordered my X200 from the website

The folio keyboard is probably why your order is delayed read that there accessories are in short supply ordered a 16gb from Lenovo direct for $580 with stylus same thing it was delayed till the 9/23 canceled on the 9/6 ordered through 3rd party and had it on the 9/12 plus I got a 32gb for $587 with stylus

mthaiss

Aug 31, 2011
Cisco just released their AnyConnect VPN client for the Lenovo tablet - a big vote of confidence from a major player (Samsung is the only other tablet that has support).
I'm expecting my purchase to arrive (complete with Folio keyboard/case) in two weeks. It seems Tech-Data (in Canada) doesn't have any orders outstanding and hasn't stocked up.

Sep 14, 2011

I ordered mine on Sept. 5 from ErwinComp.com. It shipped the next day. So far, I'm happy with it. Still learning to use the stylus. Unhappy that Netflix was promised but not delivered, until it had an upgrade today.

maribee

Mar 7, 2011
I'm still getting used to it. I bought for my 6 weeks tour of Asia and need dowload photos and this tablet has features others don't have. Didn't come with netflix but with upgrade netflix appeared and general impruvment thru tab

Who's getting a thinkpad and for what reason any artists

haN

log0008

Nov 22, 2011
thanks guys for your info, i have been looking into these for a while now, and all your little bits of info and comments helped me! Thanks!