This app is incompatible with your Acer A500

rikh

Jul 21, 2011
Hi
I'm trying to get android apps like Facebook and BBC News but when I try and install them I get this message:
"This app is incompatible with your Acer A500"
Has anyone else seen this?
Is there a way round it or is there a patch I'm missing?
I have a feeling it's because those apps are written for Android Froyo or Gingerbread but I thought older were compatible with Honeycomb 3.1 (which is what I have installed) and were just resized to the larger display...
Any help gratefully accepted!
Thanks!

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
I have found many Android apps dont work or crash Honeycomb. I have resorted to reading the reviews before downloading :)

rizansaad

Jul 7, 2011
i try to install google earth for honeycome but didt work...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
First, Google Earth works fine on the Acer.

Where are you people downloading from that allows you to download incompatible apps?

Brondie

Jul 23, 2011
Hi - have just ordered my A500 so am doing a bit of research before it arrives. Where are you downloading your apps from so that you know it will be compatible with Honeycomb?
thanks

tonyselon

Jul 23, 2011
So far i have only downloaded from android .com marketplace either direct via the tablet or via PC using Firefox browser

tp

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There are only two safe places
Market.android.com
Amazon.com

With any android device you need a Google account (gmail) for the market.
That's also the easiest way to purchase Apps or get free ones.
Since the market is built right into android.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
@Icebike, what about Tegra Zone. They are a major site with apps designed specifically for the new tegra dual core tablets and they are run by Nvidia. Hardly an unsafe site for downloads. Just sayin..

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I've downloaded many apps for my Acer and Android phone. Never had any problems with apps not working. Those apps that don't run on the Iconia are clearly identified on the Android Market.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
@Icebike, what about Tegra Zone. They are a major site with apps designed specifically for the new tegra dual core tablets and they are run by Nvidia. Hardly an unsafe site for downloads. Just sayin..

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

yeah yeah, Icebike forgot to mention Tegra Zone. He is usually very thorough in his delivery. Honest mistake - we all make them. Best advice is stick to the 3 most known:

Android Market
Tegra Zone
Amazon.com

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You can't expect noobs to know the tricks. Some have tried to run .exe files on their tablets. It takes a while to get the gist of things.