This is really ticking me off..had a wi-fi connection from the start and now it gone

HmSkoolMom

Dec 25, 2011
EDIT: I am such a dunce. You would think all my years of experience..nahh, too easy. I fixed the problem. Top of your tablet (black at least) is a switch (it is in between your SD card output and headphones input)--if that switch is all the way to the right, you have turned your Wi-Fi off (it goes into airplane mode). DUH! Just push the switch back to the left and then you have internet. :)

Of course, Pandigital Novel Black... Got it Christmas morning, connected automatically! I go to turn it on tonight and I have NO wifi connection--it isn't even showing up in my wireless network settings. I changed nothing on my router and nothing on the Novel.

The part that says "wi-fi: Turn on wi-fi (when connecting) via a public wi-fi hotspot..." is blacked out and I cannot tap it to turn it on. Wi-fi settings keeps asking me to set up and manage it and for an SSID, network notification is turned ON... but I'm getting nothing. And I do have wi-fi access in the house because both my husband and my daughter are on their laptops, my pc is hardwired in, so I still have a port to access wi-fi via the Novel and I can not.

What happened?

Toni

btw--I finally got the pandigital site to open and I just checked---I DO Have the updated firmware that they are asking me to install. So my android tablet IS completely updated.

Last edited:

desertlover

Jul 17, 2013
Thanks SkoolMom!! It ended up I had the same problem. I know you posted this long ago and I'm so glad you did, cuz I NEVER woulda figured it out. This is my first tablet-reader. Just wanted to read on it. Hubby ran off with it before I could even read pamphlet and came whining back that the internet was gone. So, thank you soooo much for your posting!!!