This unbricked my mi1024!!!

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
Tried the firmware update from Coby but it said it was corrupt.

Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!;)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
But WiFi won't work and the system won't recognize the battery correctly... I tried it before... :(

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
WiFi and battery work fine for me. Did you use my rar file I uploaded? It has the 1024 WiFi files.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WiFi and battery work fine for me. Did you use my rar file I uploaded? It has the 1024 WiFi files.

I´ve replied in the other thread: I didnt use your RAR file, but I did the same as you did (copied both files from 8024 firmware).

Maybe your internal SD already had a working copy of the kernel, so when you updated the ROM it wasnt update in the microSD, so you didnt have a problem with WiFi and battery as I did (I had an empty internal SD card)... Just guessing...

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
I´ve replied in the other thread: I didnt use your RAR file, but I did the same as you did (copied both files from 8024 firmware).

Maybe your internal SD already had a working copy of the kernel, so when you updated the ROM it wasnt update in the microSD, so you didnt have a problem with WiFi and battery as I did (I had an empty internal SD card)... Just guessing...

Nah I wiped mine completely clean with SD formatter several times and used an upgraded 16gb SD card on the inside. I also used ZipGenius6 to extract the working files.

Either way the one on Coby's site is working just fine now! Unbrick for everyone now!:cool: