wifi(with signal bars working)
bluetooth
2D HW accel
3D HW accel
removable storage
storage menu in settings
Data usage
Backlight adjustment
Audio & Headphone & Microphone(thanks to digetx)
Green overlay transparency fixed
Recent apps(thanks to digetx)
GPS
Automatic Backlight
H/W Codecs(thanks to digetx)
usb sdcard access to pc(thanks to digetx)
USB Tethering(thanks to digetx)
Wifi Hotspot
wifi ad-hoc(thanks to digetx)
hardware rotation lock(thanks to digetx)
vpn(thanks to digetx)
HDMI sound(thanks to digetx)
a501 gps
Camera
Camcorder

to do
a501 3g modem

Installing:
wipe data
install rom zip
install gapps
reboot
V144
http://d-h.st/WG8

4.0.3 V 134
http://www.mediafire.com/?v7zg7vypannpl2v

4.0.3 v126
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xizoii682l3c29m

Gapps v10.5
http://www.mediafire.com/?7n9zxgcj5yad9z1

icslogo.jpg

Last edited:

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
it is smooth and fast compare to HC, scrolling on webpages from top to bottom is much faster than wife ipad2, ipad2 scroll much faster than hc but not as fast or smooth as this, it is already rooted ......

bsiegler

Jan 3, 2012
Installed 4.0.3 v59 & Gapps v53. Am I the only one, it's phenomenal. First tablet I've seen with stable ICS. So you don't have a camera, so Youtube doesn't work, big deal.

Let me know if you need me to test anything. Only issues I have are Chat errors, and Calendar. I have ICS port on my EVO4G, it also has calendar errors.

Only app that doesn't work is Words for Friends, but that app doesn't work on anything well.

Thanks Thumpy!

pcascio

Jan 3, 2012
Does installing a new ROM wipe out your apps and data? Is there a way to save my exisiting ROM and all the apps and data so I can try ICS, but reinstall Thor's 14.2 ROM?

bsiegler

Jan 3, 2012
I actually did the Wipes referenced above, and for whatever reason, all my apps and data stayed. I also had zero problems. Please note I was using the 3.2 Thor Rom (don't know the name off hand). However I have no clue about reverting back. Just do a Full Backup in recovery, then you can always good back.

Assuming you are rooted, and have the recovery boot.

Does installing a new ROM wipe out your apps and data? Is there a way to save my exisiting ROM and all the apps and data so I can try ICS, but reinstall Thor's 14.2 ROM?

pcascio

Jan 3, 2012
Sorry, I know this is a newbie question, but by Recovery Boot, do you mean the Thor14.2 file? I'm a bit unclear on the Android backup procedure. I bought Titanium, but that only seems to backup my apps, not the system. Is that correct? If so, which program do I use to backup the system?

Dr0id

Jul 19, 2011
Sorry, I know this is a newbie question, but by Recovery Boot, do you mean the Thor14.2 file? I'm a bit unclear on the Android backup procedure. I bought Titanium, but that only seems to backup my apps, not the system. Is that correct? If so, which program do I use to backup the system?

- When you root your device and install Acer recovery app from the market, it will install you an old version of CWM.
- Once this is installed, download the lastest version to an micro-sd card and boot your tablet pressing and holding power btn + min volume in order to get the CWM menu
- Upgrade the CWM from there, reboot
- Get inside of the CWM menu again
- Select backup from the CWM menu (free). It will create an folder on the sd card with your tablet backup. Keep it in an safe place.

You may restore it in case you want to revert from some custom mod to the original (I havent test it yet)

Dr0id

Jul 19, 2011
No prob... glad it helped you
Here's an screenshot of the Acer Recovery app with cwm installation.

$cc74d141-19a9-c6c5.jpg

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
just wish i could keep this thread from not getting lost in all this mess...