Tipstir's | ePad Extreme Performance Edition ROOTED ROM MOD 7e20108 | 11/11/10

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well the first gen flytouch / epad only has the WM8505 300MHz CPU out of the box it sluggish and slow. Everyone has tried to make it run faster. I've been a programmer under Windows API for many years but I've done other programming. I just started to make ROM MOD, as I felt I could do more with the Rooted ROM. I've figuring out what I could do with ROM and decided to see if it would work and sure enough it did! So 2x Rooted ROM MOD and a 3rd to be release should do it for this pad. The max over clocking was 350MHz, 375, 384, 387 (stable), then 400 thru 528MHz.

The second gen is 1GHz these are coming out now and run Android OS 2.1 Updated 1. WM8505 won't be in the second gen.

Yes I've been on the internet since 1995 prior to BBB networks back in 1989 after than Prodigy and then AOL. I've been to many forums and such. Alway help out with users questions. Never stop! :)

djdafreund

Nov 10, 2010
Wow, i remember BBS's very well. I co-sysop'd 2, Paradise Cove and Xanadu. THOSE were actually some good days :) You ever coded some parts in any emu's? I KNOW i know you from somewhere, LOL. Hell,maybe knew ya from the BBS's as a user. ANYWAY'S, LOL, i was just reading specs on a site that showed 500mhz, but i don't trust that's my model, just cause there's SO many model's, it appears, that all look the same. As much info as i can find, it's a white box, green normal android guy, and says "MID" brand on box, the firmware at boot shows 1.9_88, and in device info shows "Generic". No manual, no sticker on unit at all to see EXACTLY what model. Never been frustrated like this before, being so many models out there that all look exactly alike. I'll find out in time HOPEFULLY.
View attachment 240
imag0043pk.jpg

Anyway, i can't seem to connect to Android Market, must be the same problem other's are having. I tried like 4-5 times in the past 7 hours (throughout while working), and it eventually says, can't connect, must check.. Update- Just tried it now and finally connected past the initial log in screen. Interesting, don't know if this has any effect, but it IS the first time i manually keyed in my whole gmail account name instead of user (letting it fill the rest in), maybe a coincidence. Been trying it a lot in 7 hours. I've seen other's but not this extend and frequent number of times. Just glad it's working though. got a lot of cool apps i use on my touch pro (o/c'd to 700mhz), but realize Android 1.6 is different then 2.2 :) LOL.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I can't tell if that's 24-pin or 30-pin. 30-pin is the same one use on ipod/iphone/itouch/ipad shown below connected to the ePad flytouch. The newer ones are 24-pin

75174_457520297948_579882948_5632353_6145990_n.jpg

74432_453157927948_579882948_5552147_4750477_n.jpg

djdafreund

Nov 10, 2010
Well my boss that sold it to me said the USB cable is supposedly the same one ipad's/iphone'/etc use if that helps. It's white (if that actually helps.LOL) Also, if so and it IS a epad flytouch, it wouldn't make any difference as to being generic or not? I know they both are Via8505 chipsets (Arm9 processor's i believe), and i THINK (not confirmed of course) it's LY-706 but no way i can know for sure with my personal knowledge. I just got it yesterday and already know a bit about this, and confusion going along with models. But read enough to know your builds are over all the best and optimized for these models. Wish i knew the speed. I've seen ones for sale (Even all LY-706) that some were 450mhz, some showed 500mhz, some 600mhz even. Pretty confusing. Would be nice to have something like CPU-Z for these things. LOL. I'm liking so far, can't find a YouTube one that works well in market in THIS list. myoutube (all links show gone when clicking on them), built in included one keeps crashing with error (tried mentioned clicking on a left-side link and letting list finish, still crashes for me though.)

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Oh you have LY-706 you have different hardware and need to use the ROM for that device. BBB days are gone old dial-up 2400baud modem, 9600baud modem, 14400baud modem then that 56K Flex or mostly 53K from corporate dial-up. Today process has done away from those type of communication devices. Though dial-up modem still sell because of the caller ID and Fax features. Most fax are 9600baud.

djdafreund

Nov 10, 2010
Well, i haven't honestly been able to confirm it's an LY-706 (i saw picture's of it, but after seeing like 6-7 other pictures and they ALL looked like my unit, i am stumped now.) I DID try this rom, and i can say at least that it went into android (first time seemed a bit long, then quicker after, which is normal anyway with new android builds, does the same on my phone each kernal i update and zimage) but DID have a couple messages on screen about some app that closed improperly. Yeah, i miss those fun days, mine was 300baud first, and each time a member picked up the phone, you knew cause you saw garbage on the screen, and you had to dial *70 first or incoming call knocked ya off, having to restart your download. LOL. Memories.
I wonder what model mine is for sure though. All i know is the picture's above match, it's DEFINATELY "MID" brand, 256mb of mem,2gb internal, Generic, and shows 1.9_88 and THAT'S about it really. Anything else is a guess. I did install EPAD256.1.988.3k rom (script\) which a guy said was more like a base version but rooted and working Market included (so far, so true.LOL), and no error's of apps so far, but i'd RATHER use your optimized and loaded ones personally, that's why i am hoping to verify my actual model to see if this is kewl to use. I get app error's once in a long while on my touch pro phone, only cause it's not TECHNICALLY a real android phone, but just using xdandroid2.2 ported. Everything else works perfectly. My experience because of that is helping me a lot with this real android machine tablet though luckily.

clutch30

Nov 10, 2010
Just wanted to give a quick TY to Mr. Habaki for helping me through the Rom/Root of my flytouch. Boy there is not even a comparison between stock OS and rooted. So much more fun and useful it is like a completely different device. Awesome forum and community guys!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
We need to stay on topic. If you want to post for other ROMs do so by creating a new post and mention that ROM in the title.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Sorry for that Tipstir, I didn´t want to talk about Debian, but tell people that Debian is a great possibility to check if their devices are compatible with your ROM!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Sorry for that Tipstir, I didn´t want to talk about Debian, but tell people that Debian is a great possibility to check if their devices are compatible with your ROM!

Yes understand but for others it might get new members confused.

jarmine

Nov 13, 2010
sorry, but, can you also help me to flash my MID PAD, don't really have programming skills here, but i would really love to be able to install your ROM on my PAD.

It seems that it could really turn my PAD experience to the highest level.

Hope you can give me step-by-step help.

THANKS THANKS THANKS

jarmine

Nov 13, 2010
got the ROM working, android market is working as well. however, downloaded angry birds and it doesnt work?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You can't play the latest version on this though..