Titanium Backup will not work

senorjack

Dec 26, 2010
OK...I have been reading all of these posts for the last 2 days trying to find an answer to my problem. I want to "Mod" my tablet but I am getting VERY frustrated in doing so.
FIRST...here are the Specs of my GENERIC Chinese 7" MID Table:
CPU
VIA8650, High-performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP, WM8650
Operation system
Android 2.2 (Support Flash 10.1)
Memory
256MB DDR2
Storage Device
2GB NAND Flash maximum capacity of 32GB tf card
Gravity
4-Dimensional G-sensor
LCD
7" Touch screen, 800*480 pixels
Network
RJ45 Cable Internet: 10/100M adaptive

WIFI:IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless network
3G
External 3G (Support Huawei E220, etc)
I/O Port
30pinUSB switch interface*1,Headphone *1, MIC*1 JACK*1, TF card reader
Audio
3.5mm headphone jack
High-quality stereo loud speaker
Built-in microphone

The problem I am having is this:
Before I start to mess with this thing, I want to BACKUP my apps etc.
I installed and ran the Z4 Root and did a "Temporary" root on the tablet and it said that it was rooted until my next re-boot. Then I installed Titanium Backup ( I did NOT re-boot yet) and I ran TB but it says that it cannot acquire root privileges. Please verify that your ROM is rooted and BusyBox is installed. I DL BB and Z4root says I am "Temporarily" rooted but still NO GO.
What gives ?
I enjoy this Forum but it seems that there is NO "Step-By-Step" procedure to help us "Newbies" out.
If I ever get this thing to work, I'll write one myself and post it so others won't have the same problem that I am having.
Any help would be appreciated...
By the way....I have a BLUE LED, Black Jack & Vibrate....if that helps.

Last edited:
May 27, 2011
I had the same issue with my Viewsonic gTablet. Try doing a permanent root and see if that works. You can always unroot it with z4 if you need to.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Not all apps will work with a temp root. Open TiBU and select fix problems and let it install busy box again.

senorjack

Dec 26, 2010
Already tried the "Fix Problem" and re-installed BusyBox...several times.Still does NOT work.