Toch screen problem with NC

diegoxcastro

Jan 14, 2011
Hello!

My toch screen is flipping out. What seems to be happening is that when I leave marks of fingers or a little moisture (low) the tochscreen starts pushing buttons alone, it's like he are too sensitive. Someone else had this problem? (If I take care not to leave marks no problem, but it's annoying)

ps: I have tested the calibration of the nook and devs did not function.

thanks (;

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You need to reset the sensativity after booting by sleeping the nook and waking it up. To do this just press the power button once then press it again and unlock it. Otherwise, yes you do need to keep a somewhat clean screen as too much build up has been known to cause this as well.

Last edited:

diegoxcastro

Jan 14, 2011
I undestand.

But its to much, a litlle mark bug the nook. Its annoying have to lock and unlock all the time.

But i use a plastic wrap (ugly but work)

if a protector he will be ok?

Have other way to fix? (I dont have acess to change the nook, forget the waranty)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I undestand.

But its to much, a litlle mark bug the nook. Its annoying have to lock and unlock all the time.

You only need to do the unlock trick one time after a fresh bootup. It should work fine everytime after until you do another boot.

But i use a plastic wrap (ugly but work)

if a protector he will be ok?

I use a protector and it works great. Smudges don't seem to have the same effect if you use a screen protector. There are many options availalble and they aren't noticable once applied other than a slightly different feeling than touching the glass.

Have other way to fix? (I dont have acess to change the nook, forget the waranty)

This should fix it. If not it is possible you have a defective touch screen which would suck if you don't have an exchange option. I suspect you are just having the usual issues though. Try something like this NOOKcolor Clear Screen Film Kit, Barnes & Noble - Barnes & Noble

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
... and not to sound rude or anything, but a good handwashing every now and then will do wonders to minimize screen cleaning. I've had people look at my nook and try to work it with greasy nasty hands.. Sorry, ain't happening.. I politely ask them to come back after they've washed up..

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Diego,do you have by any chance -set CPU - installed? The only time I had the problem you have was when under JP supervision I was trying to find the best settingvf for my battery,
When we experimented with a kind of extreme setting I had the problem you have 3 or 4 times in a day.
gloria