Today's Woot.com: Refurbished VTAB1008+portfolio+HDMI cable $159.99 plus $5 shipping

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
Seems like a good deal if you don't mind a refurb. I was just at our local Costco and they had new ones for $189.99 without the case and cable.

Woot® : One Day, One Deal

Vizio 8” Android Tablet Bundle
$159.99 + $5 shipping
Condition:Refurbished
Products: 1 Vizio VTAB1008-B 8” Android Tablet, 1024x768, 802.11n, Capacitive, microSD Slot, SRS TruMedia
1 Vizio XMC100 Folio Case
1 Vizio XMH100 micro HDMI Cable

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Ken401 said:
Seems like a good deal if you don't mind a refurb. I was just at our local Costco and they had new ones for $189.99 without the case and cable.

Woot® : One Day, One Deal

Vizio 8” Android Tablet Bundle
$159.99 + $5 shipping

Condition:Refurbished
Products: 1 Vizio VTAB1008-B 8” Android Tablet, 1024x768, 802.11n, Capacitive, microSD Slot, SRS TruMedia
1 Vizio XMC100 Folio Case
1 Vizio XMH100 micro HDMI Cable

Isn't Woot good? There seemed to be quite a few comments about problems since it upgraded to Honeycomb.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Just called a friend to tell her about the Woot deal. She has been trying to decide on a tablet for 2 months now..LOL. I don't want to push her to a Vizio in case she really hates it but I have been telling her how neat it is and she has played with it some. She says she just wants to read and maybe get email, so this should be a great deal for her.

JimmyGiant

Apr 7, 2012
So, after looking around forever to find a tablet I liked that didn't start with an "i", I finally decided to try this one. Tough to find a tablet with an HDMI out. I want it to take on the road so I can play movies plugged into a tv. Also just to have something around the house bigger than my phone to hit the web and maybe make a good remote control the wife won't hate. Also, with the case/stand, it will make a good recipe book as long as I don't light it on fire with the gas stove! heh heh...yeah...fire...FIRE!

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
Isn't Woot good? There seemed to be quite a few comments about problems since it upgraded to Honeycomb.

Honeycomb is the best thing that ever happened to my VTAB1008.

As for Woot, I bought my wifes Xoom wifi through a Woot deal and that went fine. Shipping can be a little slow though. It was a refurb too, but that is a Motorola vs. Vizio thing.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Nimble1 said:
Just called a friend to tell her about the Woot deal. She has been trying to decide on a tablet for 2 months now..LOL. I don't want to push her to a Vizio in case she really hates it but I have been telling her how neat it is and she has played with it some. She says she just wants to read and maybe get email, so this should be a great deal for her.

Yup. I always compare the price with the Amazon price for the same item.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I've bought a few things from woot and have been very happy with them

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Blwnv8 said:
I've bought a few things from woot and have been very happy with them

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

The Woot-Offs are wild. They keep changing the product soe you have to keep checking back. They seem to have those every month or so and they last a few days.

Da5id

Dec 24, 2011
What is a Motorola versus Visio thing? I bought my sister a w00t refurb Visio for Christmas and it was like brand-new. I bought another one yesterday for me. BTW, any essential reading here for Visio 8" tabs?

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
What is a Motorola versus Visio thing? I bought my sister a w00t refurb Visio for Christmas and it was like brand-new. I bought another one yesterday for me. BTW, any essential reading here for Visio 8" tabs?

I just meant Motorola's refurb of Xooms could be different than Vizios refurbs.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

It depends on what you want to do with your Vizio. I suggest reading about the updates and rooting first. If you have the original version of Gingerbread it will ask you if you want to update to Software version 1.5. As soon as you do this you will no longer be able to root. This is the only thing the update does, break root. If you want to update to Honeycomb you will need to accept this update before updating to Honeycomb. Generally Honeycomb is considered an upgrade but once you allow an update there is no going back, so think about it before taking any updates.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Hey, I got my second vtab from woot today. It's charging. I like the vizio cover it is smaller that the jk one. I don't know if it has HC or gingerbread on it. Will report back. Sure would like to know what google is going to do when I register a second VTAB to the same email address. I fear it not going to be able to see any difference and restore all the stuff from my old tab.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Kemper said:
Hey, I got my second vtab from woot today. It's charging. I like the vizio cover it is smaller that the jk one. I don't know if it has HC or gingerbread on it. Will report back. Sure would like to know what google is going to do when I register a second VTAB to the same email address. I fear it not going to be able to see any difference and restore all the stuff from my old tab.

I have been wondering where this thread went. :) Is it new or refurbished? They had an HP TouchPad yesterday. May be you could register it to a different email.