Too long to charge my nook.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I used to fully charge my battery in 2-3hours,normal time Ithink but now it takes at least 8 hours. I noticed that after setting PCU. Is it a coincidence or I messed up something while setting Cpu?
When I plug in to charge my device says-not charging- and then it does charge but super slowly.
Gloria

Last edited by a moderator:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Sorry idontknow, but I don't know.

(I have been waiting a long time to say that. :))

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you using the stock cable and charger plug? If charging from the pc or a usb hub you will have that issue.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
The NC will only charge from the wall, not via the cables plugged into a PC.

I have noticed that the charging is slower when I use my after market wall plug.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
The NC will only charge from the wall, not via the cables plugged into a PC.

I have noticed that the charging is slower when I use my after market wall plug.

The NC does charge via usb cable plugged to pc, although much slower than wall mount charging.

@idontknow
Tell us your SetCPU settings? For instance, on main tab, do you have your min and max set to your highest clock speed?

To be honest, I'm not sure how long my NC takes to change since I change it overnight and unplug in the morning. I do know I changed it from around 50-60% to full change and I believe it only took around an hour.

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
:DYou made me laugh for 15minutes,facemam...,thank you!
I'm using the original nook wall charger, the same I was using before when my nook would get fully charged in 2hours. I think before when charging it would say- charging-and now it says- not charging but then is still charging but very slow. I thought the charger was broken but it wouldn't charge at all,, I guess. IFONTKNOW....facemam DOESNTKNOW....hope somebody KNOWS.
G loria

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Rico, I don’t remember my SetCPU setting because I thought my problem had to do with that and uninstalled it. I'm going to charge again my nook without it and see if anything changes. I read that the nook can be charged in 2hours and I checked and it was true.
Gloria

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
What does the LED on the connector indicate? Sounds like the Nook is not "seeing" the charger as a quick charger. That could be either the charger (jumpers sensed by cable) or the cable (continuity). You'll have to narrow it down by swapping them out. I would suspect the cable (broken wire/connection in connector). Sounds like a trip to B&N to try their cable.
Good luck.
Cheers,
kev

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What does the LED on the connector indicate? Sounds like the Nook is not "seeing" the charger as a quick charger. That could be either the charger (jumpers sensed by cable) or the cable (continuity). You'll have to narrow it down by swapping them out. I would suspect the cable (broken wire/connection in connector). Sounds like a trip to B&N to try their cable.
Good luck.
Cheers,
kev

I was thinking to do that to see if it is a problem with my cable... .in one spot the rubber that covers the wire is broken... I think my cat ate it.But if it is the cable how come it is still charging,just it takes forever
gloria

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
The NC does charge via usb cable plugged to pc, although much slower than wall mount charging.

I stand corrected. The reason I said that it didn't is that's what the documentation says. But hey, who reads the manual anyway :)

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
I was thinking to do that to see if it is a problem with my cable... .in one spot the rubber that covers the wire is broken... I think my cat ate it.But if it is the cable how come it is still charging,just it takes forever
gloria
The quick charging is made possible with the extra wires in the NC cable & extra pins in the connector. It is sorta like using 2 USB connectors on some devices that need more power. Don't know the pin-out, but the NC IDs the Nook charger & enables the extra path for quick charging.

Cheers,
kev

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Kev for the explanation. I work weekends but Mon of Tue I'm going to B&N store to try their cable before I buy a new one.
gloria

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I made it to B&N today....the problem was my cable ....I had to buy another one. The cat did it because I got her last night before she did the same to the phone charger. I let her choose between washing dishes for 2weeks and doing laundry.,as.a punishment. She said she rather take the snow off my car when it snows. Halloooo...we live in Miami! She things she is smart or that I'm stupid!
Thanks everybody,Facemam excluded, for trying to help
Gloria

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Lol! Wish my cat would offer to clean the snow off of my Jeep. He hasn't offered, probably because he has no thumbs and can't hold the brush properly.
Glad it was only the charger and not the Nook!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Lol! Wish my cat would offer to clean the snow off of my Jeep. He hasn't offered, probably because he has no thumbs and can't hold the brush properly.
Glad it was only the charger and not the Nook!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I got no tumbs but I cut my nails reallyshort and I.can even use gloria's nook, when she sleeps ...she wouldn't let me touch it, don’t tell her. Miaooo...
I like this forum!
Gloria's cat