Toshiba Tablet Shows Up On Amazon with Detailed Specs Revealed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
toshiba_android_tab_2.jpg

The Toshiba Tablet has not been officially outed yet, but Amazon just posted it today with the full details on its specs. The new Toshiba tablet will come outfitted with the following stuff:
  • Honeycomb
  • Tegra 2 Chipset from NVIDIA.
  • "Adaptive Display Technology", which is video upscaling on the 1200x800 16:10 screen.
  • 5.0 MP rear camera with autofocus and 2.0MP front-facing webcam; stereo speakers with Toshiba sound enhancements
  • USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports and full-sized SD card reader; Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity supporting Adobe Flash
  • Easy Grip non-slip interchangeable rubber backplate, available in a variety of colors; user-replaceable prismatic lithium battery
There was still no word yet on availability, but it must be soon or it probably would not have landed on Amazon's site. We also still don't know a price or carrier at this time, but at least more details have surfaced. We will let you know when we know more.

Source: AndroidCentral and Amazon

fbales

May 5, 2010
Cool to see this on Amazon. Has anyone heard how this thing is constructed? Metal or plastic? Is the screen Corning's Gorilla Glass? or what? Metal would be nice but not absolutely necessary, but the glass is major for me. Or something comparable. I'm fairly excited about this tablet, and can't wait to try one.

Frank

conchchowder

Mar 19, 2011
With a tethered phone or a USB dongle (I have Virgin Nobile Broadband2Go $50/month unlimited) why would you need ANOTHER carrier plan??? Do you subscribe to a different cable TV provider for each TV you have? Your logic is flawed. It makes the most sense to tether to a phone or a subscription broadband service and pay for only what you need...but go ahead and write up another contract fro something you don't need.

So far, this unit has my eye, until a model with full-sized SDXC support comes out. Full-sized SDXC will be the one to go for, all other specs accepted, for getting into TB storage. The fill-sized HDMI out and full-sized USB host are also fantastic. No need for adapters/cables. 1080p is a plus as well.

conchchowder

Mar 19, 2011
Apologies. I assumed you were disparaging wifi only. Please forgive me...I've been in the iPad/Xoom/3G war and I'm shell-shocked.

dpeagle

Sep 7, 2010
i guess until toshiba makes it official this thing is called the "Antares". obviously that might change before release but here is a good teaser i found on utube. is it me or does watching this demo make you hungry? (
)

Last edited by a moderator:

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
It looks good for what that guy has shown. Doesn't look as thick as pictures would assume. The really good thing is that the screen looks fantastic. When the camera was on a very steep angle the screen was still viewable.