Toshiba thrive - app for movies - how to convert

DarlaJM

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I just got a Thrive Tablet and am trying to convert movies to watch on tablet. I am using Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate which removes the DRM rights and converts to MP4 files, which i think is the right format to use, but it isn't working and won't copy. I have a 16 GB SD card, but it is saying the movie is too large and won't copy and the movie is only 6.6 GB.

Am i converting it to the right format? Am i using the correct programs? Is there an app I need to download in order for it to work? Please help.

If i can do it for the tablet, i will be able to put them on my Droid X as well. I need help.

Thank you.

Peaches36

Jan 4, 2012
I use pavetube chew tune. The trial works but it leave the pavetube logo in the middle of the movies. It's $29.00 and it works great. I converted all my shows and movies from Itunes. I also have a 16g Thrive and an additional 32g sd card. I don't understand why one of your movies is 6.6g. Thats alot for one movie. Hope this info helps. Good luck!

forestplay

Dec 30, 2011
Hi, I just got a Thrive Tablet and am trying to convert movies to watch on tablet. I am using Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate which removes the DRM rights and converts to MP4 files, which i think is the right format to use, but it isn't working and won't copy. I have a 16 GB SD card, but it is saying the movie is too large and won't copy and the movie is only 6.6 GB.

Am i converting it to the right format? Am i using the correct programs? Is there an app I need to download in order for it to work? Please help.

If i can do it for the tablet, i will be able to put them on my Droid X as well. I need help.

Thank you.

For my 10" Thrive, I used FreeStudio found at this link: DVDVideoSoft.com: Download free DVD, iPod, YouTube video converter and editor software and freeware

It's free! It can convert to a wide variety of formats. I also use it to converting videos for viewing on my Classic iPod and iPhone.

From the main menu, choose "Mobile" -> "Free Video to Android" -> "H.264 1.6Mbit/s ... Toshiba Thrive ...".

This worked for me.

-Bob