Toshiba Thrive Tablet Appear online For Pre-Order

dagdowell

May 27, 2011
I've been waiting for the Toshiba Thrive to hit stores for quite some time now. I was never intrigued by Ipad (one or two), Apple is not my thing. The Xoom looks great but is missing a few things that I believe Toshiba got right. It seems the long wait may finally be coming to a close now that Newegg and Bestbuy have "coming soon" information for the Thrive. Is there anyone out there that has good, reliable information on pricing and release dates? I am disappointed in Toshiba's website, which looks great, but lacks those details i've mentioned. This isn't a rant by any means. I feel like I am holding out for the best product, but from a business point of view i'd think Toshiba would benefit from getting better info out to keep prospective buyers from losing patience and going "xoom crazy".

batfish

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2011
Im in the same boat, I really like the features on this tablet but feel lost because I don't know when it will be out, all i've seen is sometime after summer. It really looks awesome so, I hope its going to be worth the wait.

bobbyw24

Apr 4, 2011
Is there anyone out there that has good, reliable information on pricing and release dates?

Price & Availability
The Toshiba Thrive tabletwill be arriving in July with the reasonable price tags. The 8GB variant will cost you $429, and the 16GB variant, 32GB variants will cost $479, and $579 respectively.

See update in next post

[h=1]Toshiba Thrive Full Specifications And Price Details[/h]

Last edited:

bobbyw24

Apr 4, 2011
Under-the-Radar Toshiba Thrive Arrives July 10

Toshiba's Thrive tablet running Google's Android 3.1 Honeycomb is available for pre-order on Best Buy with a promised delivery date of as early as July 10. First spotted earlier this week by the eagle eyes at Thriveforums.org, available models on Best Buy's website include 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB versions of the 10.1-inch, Wi-Fi-enabled tablet.

Toshiba, unlike more publicity minded tablet makers, hasn't named an official release date for the Thrive, though Best Buy and other retail partners began taking pre-orders in mid-June. The shipping time estimates on the Best Buy site may wind up as the only such specifics we get.

Under-the-Radar Toshiba Thrive Arrives July 10 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

GREGSZX23

Jun 22, 2011
Under-the-Radar Toshiba Thrive Arrives July 10

Toshiba's Thrive tablet running Google's Android 3.1 Honeycomb is available for pre-order on Best Buy with a promised delivery date of as early as July 10. First spotted earlier this week by the eagle eyes at Thriveforums.org, available models on Best Buy's website include 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB versions of the 10.1-inch, Wi-Fi-enabled tablet.

Toshiba, unlike more publicity minded tablet makers, hasn't named an official release date for the Thrive, though Best Buy and other retail partners began taking pre-orders in mid-June. The shipping time estimates on the Best Buy site may wind up as the only such specifics we get.

Under-the-Radar Toshiba Thrive Arrives July 10 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Purchased mine from Buy.com Weds. I had it in my hands Thurs! So far so good.