Toshiba Thrive to Receive an Ultra-Thin Successor; Debuts at IFA 2011

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
toshiba-thin-tablet-compare.jpg

According to reports Toshiba is ready to announced a new successor to the Toshiba Thrive at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA 2011) in Berlin. The word is that this new tab will be an ultra-thin variant of the Thrive, but will still pack in all of the same features of the original, plus some other enhancements to go along with the svelt design. Here's a breakdown:
  • 10.1 Inch
  • Ultra thin body
  • MicroUSB
  • Micro HDMI
  • MicroSD ports
  • Brushed metal finish
  • Dual-core, 1.5-GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4460
  • 8 GB to 32 GB storage sizes
  • Multiple Colors again and more.
We will be keeping an eye on this one, as the competition for Android tablets heats up later this year. What do you guys think?

Source: ThriveForums.org and DroidForums.net via AndroidAuthority and Image credit: Notebook Italia

fbales

May 5, 2010
I'm thinking the current crop of Honeycomb tablets are going to become cheap, especially if they start dropping quad-core chips in 'em.

Frank

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Wow, I'm thinking that thing are only going to get better in the Android Tablet Realm. The Toshiba Tablet is not good, this sound great!!!!

Don

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I initally purchased a Toshiba Thrive, but it was good as dead on arrival. The little time I had with it before returning it, it felt cumbersome and heavy. What I did like, was the replaceble battery. But since it was inoperable out of the box, I jumped ship. My second choice was the Acer Iconia A500, and I never looked back. I like the Acer, which has a better feel with slightly better egonomics. It was also $150.00 cheaper than the Toshiba Thrive with the same spec's with the acception of the full size HDMI port. The Acer has a mini HDMI, but I had no problem finding a mini HDMI to HDMI cable. The new Toshiba is like night and day when compared to the currant Thrive model. These tablets are just getting sleeker and more powerful as the days go by. Apple needs some stiff competition to keep them on their toes, and improve the the technology. The more competition there is the better for the consumer.....