Total newb here...need some help after a successful root.

Supergirl9801

Mar 25, 2011
So I've successfully rooted my NC using auto rooted and a videio tutorial on utube. So I've downloaded some game apps but that's about it. I'm stumped at figuring out how to get my game icons onto my" home page". I'm not much of a techie but did get through rooting without much trouble. So if someone could give me some tips in easy speak, I'd be forever grateful!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
;)Welcome!;)

Long press on the "home screen", alternately long press on the app you want in the app drawer and drop it on the home screen. Reverse the process to remove the app....

:confused:At least I think that's how you do it.:confused:

Haven't been on stock B&N in a while...If it doesn't lemme know and I will explore other options...:rolleyes:

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
Install a different launcher like zeam or adw and you will have an app drawer and familiar android launcher where u can easily customize your homescreens and drag and drop your apps and games there!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Supergirl9801

Mar 25, 2011
;)Welcome!;)

Long press on the "home screen", alternately long press on the app you want in the app drawer and drop it on the home screen. Reverse the process to remove the app....

:confused:At least I think that's how you do it.:confused:

Haven't been on stock B&N in a while...If it doesn't lemme know and I will explore other options...:rolleyes:

Is the "home screen" the screen I go to if I hit the "n"?? I assume so...if so, nothing happens when I "long press" on it, and nothing also happens when I "long press" on the apps themselves on the extras page :confused:

Install a different launcher like zeam or adw and you will have an app drawer and familiar android launcher where u can easily customize your homescreens and drag and drop your apps and games there!

Any place I could get step by step instructions on installing a launcher like those? TY BTW:)

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
Open android market.. seach for zeam or ADW.Launcher.
Install your program of choice
Press N button to go back to home screen. It will give you choice of what launcher to use.. pick the one you installed and check the box to always use that choice..
You will then have a new launcher with a dock and an app drawer to use and see your apps/be able to transfer them to home screens

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010