Total Newby to the world of Android

Denali89107

Aug 21, 2011
Hello from beautiful Las Vegas, NV

I'm a complete newby to the Android world - tablet or phone or ?? I'm hoping I can find some answers here to help me select my first Android device.

Remember the Commodore computers ...specifically the Amiga or the VIC 20? Well my computer experience goes way back to there. But, I confess that I've been stuck in the Windows XP world since it came out and have only very limited exposure to Windows 7. I do know that I was wise to almost totally avoid exposure to Vista.

So ... any advice or suggestions you care to share would be most welcome.

P.S. It's only 108 here today.:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Denali, welcome to the forum. Good move avoiding Vista, a better one would be avoiding 108.:)

Denali89107

Aug 21, 2011
"Hello Denali, welcome to the forum. Good move avoiding Vista, a better one would be avoiding 108.:)"

Unfortunately, aside from the 6 weeks in Anchorage and another week in Hillsboro, OR, earlier this summer, that's pretty much "life in Vegas". Should I let you know if we hit 110 as predicted later this week?

Seriously though, maybe I can use your suggestion as part of my excuse for considering the acqusition of an Android tablet.

BTW, I agree 100% with your tag line.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Any excuse to get a tablet is a good excuse.

BTW, I'm glad you didn't say it's O.K. because it's dry heat. Those were my turkey's last words as I shoved it into the oven last Thanksgiving.:cool: