totally new to android

woodguy

Sep 12, 2013
Got an asus transformer to use for email annd such while travelling on my boat because of the long battery life and so on. Now I'm forced into using it for things I would have used my laptop for because of the sudden death of said laptop. I have plenty of experience with Windows, Unix, Linux etc and have programmed in numerous languages, but with no android experience am at a loss to explain what I have experienced trying to do these things. Question follows in appropriate forum.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome aboard

The biggest single, (possible), problem with what you said is that the Windows programs won't run on Android. With that said many people have found a tablet to be a suitable replacement.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi woodguy, congratulations on your Asus Transformer and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. For me, the hardest part of using Android in place of Windows has been that I can't just create a .bat, .com, or .exe to do what I want. Instead, I've got to locate an app that does it.:( Enjoy your tablet and the forum!