Totaly Confused,which FW for Generic Flytouch

radioman52

Nov 28, 2010
Tipster,
Please help and clarify for me and many others.
I have a plain Flytouch "Clone" that uses the 30 pin connector at present it is running factory 1.9_88 vibrate works camera works and sensor works its just slow.
It has the "end of earth" video that playes very well as as well as two silly MP3's.
Would love to change out to one of the custom FW's that has the Apple icons as well as as picking up some speed as well as your selection loads.

I am a big chicken since many have bricked their varients.

At this point I am totaly confused as to what is what, got my M001 running well but this fly touch is a bit messy.
Please Help,
Regards.
Radioman52

radioman52

Nov 28, 2010
Your generic Flytouch has vibrate? Where do you set it?

In my FW you can set the vibrate function in the setup section , the only one that stays on all of the time is the initial "power on" and power off vibrate.
In readeing the various posts it looks like that some "clones" did not include the hardware and so the clone makers did not include the code in that varient thus the problems with all of the different versions.
I think that my flytouch clone (30 pin) is old enough that the cloners included all of the "flytouch" hardware.
I hope that all of this variation of "cloneing" short cuts wil not force the downfall of this type.
A interesting point is that in my unit I can set my WiFi region at any time to all the way to 14 chan on other types you can only do this on the first time setup of the wifi.

Radioman52

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I have never seen one with a 30-pin... that's very interesting.