Touch not working in Coby MID1125

cobbs

Jan 31, 2012
Hello,

My device crashed and I had to perform a root of it using the SuperOneClick app.

Now, the device boots up to the home page, where it appears locked, but the touch is unresponsive.
All the physical buttons work, but the touch screen is dead.

Please help!!!

trudog

Feb 9, 2012
did you ever find out what was going on? My daughters 1125 was working fine and then yesterday is stuck on unlock screen and touchscreen is not responsive. All physical buttons are working

ksennin

Oct 23, 2012
did you ever find out what was going on? My daughters 1125 was working fine and then yesterday is stuck on unlock screen and touchscreen is not responsive. All physical buttons are working

I have experienced this on my 1125 and I am still investigating it.
The touchscreen is unresponsive, but I managed to bypass the unlock screen by plugging it via usb to a pc. USB mode turned on, and rotating the screen until I was able to press the on off button and get a response, I then turned it off. It then went to the menu screen, but the touchscreen continued to fail, registering some touch and not others, and reacting like some area had been left "touched" permanently.
Have you tried to turn it off by pressing the power button and then trying to confirm via touching the screen? It works for me which showed the screen was not completely dead.