Touch-screen needs more than a touch - HELP!

jmdwan

Dec 2, 2011
This forum is great. I've read many of posts that other users have written and have learned so much from them. I purchased the ViewSonic G-Tablet and love it with one exception......

The response of the touch screen is horrible. My fingers are sore from having to "touch" the screen. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Has anyone come up with a solution?

I have followed pbrauer's excellent sticky on installing ClockWorkMod v08, and am using TnT G-Harmony v1.2.

I really love the tablet, but can't seem to solve this issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Do you have a screen protector on the tablet? Since it is a capacitive screen, pressure actually has nothing to do with the responsivity of the screen.

If you have dry skin that can impact it, as an experimient, try with lotion on you hands. Also, do NOT use your nails, as this will not work reliably. You need to use the pads of your fingertips.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

jmdwan

Dec 2, 2011
Downloaded the "touchrecalibrate.apk" (thank you GoJimi) file and ran it on the g-tablet. No change in the "touch" of the screen. Also tried some hand lotion - still no luck with the touch..... I've read some other forums that mention the digitizer - any tests that I can run on the digitizer?

Thanks to soltner59 and pbrauer for the quick responses!

jmdwan

Dec 2, 2011
Sorry - I didn't answer pbrauer's question fully... I do not have a screen protector on the g-tablet.

Dec 21, 2011
There is an internal process that you can perform that will force it to recalibrate itself. You will need Root Explorer of File Expert to access your core files as well as your SD card. Create an EMPTY file called calibrate.ini and copy it to the the root directory of the android system as well as your SD card and reboot. During this process leave it still and laying flat on the tabletop. You can check after your reboot for the change in sensitivity. If it hasn't changed enough to suit you, simply repeat the process until it has gotten to the point you like it and go back in and erase the calibrate.ini files you created and you should be good to go.