Touch Screen Not working on New Color after CM7 Install

seank80

Dec 9, 2011
Hey everyone,

I have been a long time lurker here but haven't had any issues that I needed help for until now. I have rooted 4 different older nooks but now I am having an issue with a brand new nook. I believe it is a blue dot. While I didn't see a dot on the package. I looked and there was only 1 gb available for storage. So I went sahead and got the two tools to repartition the drive and reformat the drive. Did those not a problem. I have done all this through clockwork mod. I then loaded CM7 from the sd card. I am running it on the nook. I also at the same time installed google apps. I have tried this on two different brand new nooks witht he same result. After I reboot for the first time it says install failed. I reboot it again and cm7 opens up and you are brought to the homescreen but whereever you touch nothing works. I have tried ont he first one to revert back to a sstock image and the touch screen is still not working. It justs asks me to setup the nook and no touch works. Can someone please help me. This is a gift for my nephew and he wants to play angry birds. I thought it would be easy to save the 50 dollars over the nook tablet but I have already spent countless hours on this. I am an accomplished rooter and rom installer on phones. Unfortunately these nooks are not cooperating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sean

msmo

Dec 22, 2011
I am having the same problem, I removed cm7 and it still is not working...Not sure why. Your are not alone.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Make sure you are using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1 and wiping data/system and clearing your caches before flashing cm7 first then gapps.

tylerbrandon

Dec 26, 2011
im having the same problem.. nook color worked, i rooted it to 7.0.3 and now touch screen doesnt work. i was using an older version of clockwork but have since updated since reading this, but still no luck

tylerbrandon

Dec 26, 2011
so is the non responce mean that we are screwed, that you cant root a brand new nook color. or that it just hasnt been figured out yet?

DaveNookColor

Dec 26, 2011
I'm having the same problem. I've tried: auto-nooter-2.12.25.zip, auto-nooter-3.0.0.zip, NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip, nook-complete-restore-1.0.1, nook-complete-restore-1.3.zip, etc.

For the restore, I used clock-work_1gb-0.4.tar.gz and wiped out the data (following some youtube video).

I don't think it matters, but my memory is 16GB, so I'm seeing if the 16gb_clockwork-3.0.28.img.gz makes a difference with the restore, which I doubt.

Each time I've imaged, the touchscreen does not work, but the image seems to work and you can tell the device is working because the wifi is changing and the time is accurate.

If you know how to get this working, please let me know!

Thanks!
David

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
im having the same problem.. nook color worked, i rooted it to 7.0.3 and now touch screen doesnt work. i was using an older version of clockwork but have since updated since reading this, but still no luck

That is a very old version of CM7.