Touchscreen less responsive after reboot

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
After a reboot, the touchscreen on my NC is much less sensitive/slower. If I let it 'rest' for a while, the speed comes back, but I'm wondering if this is a known issue and whether there's a fix for it?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
After a reboot, the touchscreen on my NC is much less sensitive/slower. If I let it 'rest' for a while, the speed comes back, but I'm wondering if this is a known issue and whether there's a fix for it?

Tap the power button to put it to sleep, then wake it back up...you should see immediate return to snappy touch screen usage. So yeah, its a known issue (although I don't know why) but at least the temp fix is quick, and could last for days before the slow touch screen issue returns

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

It's a known issue when using any of the new overclocking kernels. For fix we all use see below.

note: If touch sensitivity is somewhat unresponsive, simply press the power button to make your NC
go to sleep, then "n" to wake back up. Your super responsive touch should return back to normal.
The author of the new kernels said there is something a little off on his kernel scripts and this
is the solution for this temporary touch issue. Work for me. :)