TouchWiz UX for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Rolling Out Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
update_touchwiz_ux_aug5.png

Samsung indicated earlier this week that their Touchwiz UX update would be rolling out today, and they did not disappoint. The new update with a ton of new features began rolling OTA this morning. Normally, UI overlays for Android tend to be "iffy"; however, first initial impressions throughout the industry have been mostly positive. For a reminder of the features this update brings, you can check out our previous coverage, here and here. You could wait for the OTA update, but if you are "antsy", just go to Settings > About Tablet > System Updates to manually install it. Enjoy, and let us know what you guys think in the forums!

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net via AndroidPolice

Jun 29, 2011
After the obligatory "some stuff is going to initially act up" I'm really enjoying my update.
Man they weren't kidding about the timing either. 1203 am I got an email from Samsung with instructions on doing the update. With DSL it said it would take about an hour to download the 188+ MB but it ended up taking about 20 minutes.
After I chose install it took about an hour to install , reboot seemingly a million times , was quirky upon trying it out, seemed to get its head on straight and has been a huge improvement in bug fixes.
The new Touch Wiz theme makes a lot of the previously black themed items hospital white, including built in Swype ,so be warned if you are attached to the dark stuff.
As far as new features added, they don't mean nearly as much to me as the bug fixes to the text edit, browser lag , etc and my aftermarket cameras . I don't see me ever using the quick app tray until I can choose the apps because I use none of the included ones.
Tilt to zoom is just plain cool, and there are other gesture additions that can be a time saver
The main thing for me is an excellent device got 75% better with the snappier performance and fixes and they also added some new features on top of it

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I can't wait for the 4G LTE download sometime soon hopefully, maybe, soon..........could be?

corybantic

Jun 24, 2011
Don't even think about applying this update. My craptacular tab just crashed because of this update and now I have to send it away for up to 2 weeks. Looks like I'll be getting an IPad 2 tomorrow. Later Samsung.

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
Downloaded the update on my WIFI only 10.1 and it works like a champ. I love the Screen shot function.