Transfer Music Tablet To Computer

topher

Nov 16, 2018
Hello all, I see posts on transferring music from PC to Tablet but I want to transfer from tablet to PC.
Running Windows 10. Talbet Samsung GT-N8013 Kernel Version.
If anyone can help me with this I would be very appreciative!
Topher

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Streaming apps like Pandora Plus do allow you to download content, but that content is locked down so you can't simply move it off the tablet onto the PC. So where are you getting the music from?

topher

Nov 16, 2018
Streaming apps like Pandora Plus do allow you to download content, but that content is locked down so you can't simply move it off the tablet onto the PC. So where are you getting the music from?
Hello all, I see posts on transferring music from PC to Tablet but I want to transfer from tablet to PC.
Running Windows 10. Talbet Samsung GT-N8013 Kernel Version.
If anyone can help me with this I would be very appreciative!
Topher

The music was from CD's I own that I had downloaded to Media Player. I then synced to my tablet and everything ran perfectly. I had an unrelated computer issue and lost most of the music in Media Player on the computer. So I want to sync the music on the tablet back into Media Player on my computer.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Having never used the Windows Media Player sync feature, I'm not 100% certain of this, but all the sync process does is copy the music files to the tablet. Optionally they can be transcoded into a format the tablet can use, but that really is only necessary if the Windows Media Player files are encoded in a format other than MP3, such as FLAC. The sync feature however is a one-way connection, meaning if you use Windows Media Player to sync again, the music on the tablet will be removed. Therefore, your only option is to manually copy the individual music files from your tablet back to your PC. The posts you saw explaining how to transfer from PC to tablet will also apply to transfers from tablet to PC. The only difference is that the tablet is the source and the PC the destination.

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid you have little choice but to rip your CDs again. That's something to fear and dread, especially if you have as many CDs as I have (over 600 at last count). Thus it's vitally important that you back up your music onto an external hard drive.