Transfer music to vizio sd card

Autotek_2002

Nov 22, 2011
Im having problems moving multiple audio files at once. The only way to transfer is moving one file at a time. The files will show up on my phone but not my tablet. Is anybody having this problem?

shortstone

Nov 8, 2011
Are you checking in the right place for your files: sdcard/external is where your real sd card is located on the Vizio (unless you did the whole root and switch sd card mounting designations). Once I played one file from my music file on my sd card, the player on the tablet listed them all. Makes no sense that you can't transfer all your files at once in any event if your sd card is directly attached to your pc. I have even transferred multiple files to the real sd card through the Vizio when I attached it to my laptop. I highly recommend a file manager app as it makes it much easier to navigate between files.

Autotek_2002

Nov 22, 2011
My computer for some reason dont see cards greater than 16gbs. I just downloaded astro file manager andthe files are on my card and can playthembut not with the music player

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
So the files (same sd card) show up on your phone, but when you put the card into the VTAB the files don't show up?

What folder are you putting them in?

Have you tried restarting the VTAB after you put the SD Card in? Or try Rescan Media to force a rescan of the Sd Card.

Android is usually pretty good about finding compatible music files in almost any location. What file format (MP2, AAC, etc.)?

Are you using a third party music app on the phone or on the VTAB?

Autotek_2002

Nov 22, 2011
Im using the stock player on both phone and tablet. I can view and play the files using astro file manager but not in the music player. The format is wma and mp3. The tech people at vizio are dumb! Now if i tranfer one album at a time the file works.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Did you try either of these suggestions?

Have you tried restarting the VTAB after you put the SD Card in? Or try Rescan Media to force a rescan of the Sd Card.

speaky

Dec 5, 2011
I am having a similar problem. I have a 32gb sd card installed with mp3 and wmv music. ES file sees the card and the music. When I ask it to play a song in ES File it gives me the option to open it in any of the four players I have installed. I have been able to play mp3 and wmv songs in each of the players. The problem arises when I open any one of the players The player does not see the music on the card. I downloaded Rescan and that does not help and I also turned off and on many times hoping that it will work properly. The card also has some movies on it and all the movie players see the card and play the videos no problem.

PNY 32GB Class 10; Players - stock, ES player, Meridian, MixZing Basic - VTAB 1008; Android version 2.3.2 GRH78C, Kernel 2.6.35.7+; Hardware 5(PVT1), Software V.I.A. Plus 1.4, Uboot 1.1.18; Build 1.9.57

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Where are you putting the files? I have mine in a folder named "Music" and the stock music player finds them fine. I use mp3s.