Transfer music to vizio sd card

stocksj

Nov 22, 2011
What I did was place my micro-SD card in it's adaptor then a card reader connected to my laptop. Then I created a floder on my SDcard called Music and Photos. I then did a drag and drop of a load of music I pulled from my Andriod phone and dropped it in the music folder on the sd card. After placing it back in the tablet I then went to settings and activated the sd card mount and then rebooted. Pictures and music worked fine with no problems using the apps on the tablet. Not hard to do.

speaky

Dec 5, 2011
I understand the not hard to do. I believe I had too much info (music) on the card and it sent the tablet into a timed out situation and nothing was loaded. I carefully moved album after album onto card today and kept checking. I finally reached the saturation point. I can see everything but when building a playlist I over did it and that playlist will not load. I have over 15GB of music to load. Going to have to be smaller it looks like. Not sure if overloading the tablet or it has to be with the card. It says I have 29.81 total space and I have 12.54 Available. At least I have made some progress.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ah, I believe if I read correctly you are running into an issue with being able to get all of your music files onto the SD card. The root directory (top level of the card outside of any folders) will only take a certain number of files so when you reach the limit that is it even if there is more room. Using at least one folder will help this (i.e. a music folder with all the individual song files as was mentioned).

JP

speaky

Dec 5, 2011
I am not having problems loading onto the card. Have all music in one file. I am having trouble with the VTB reading all the music. It does well until there seems to be too much on the crad for the VTB to handle it all.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am not having problems loading onto the card. Have all music in one file. I am having trouble with the VTB reading all the music. It does well until there seems to be too much on the crad for the VTB to handle it all.

Could it be the same issue with too many files for the VTB to handle? Maybe split your music into two or more subfolders each with no more than the limit you found? It might be a file count issue or the size of a file issue. If you have found the limit either way, you may now be able to manage the size or file count so it can be read by the device.

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011
I use the usb cable to my computer.. then treat the SD card like a external disk and simply copy folders and files to it. I have pictures, music, a video or two, 1 audio book and 2 kindle .mobi files... apps find them just fine.

speaky

Dec 5, 2011
I have it working. I had a combination of WMA and MP3 files. The VTAB1008 did not like that. I put only MP3's on and it runs well. Still experimenting with folders and sub folders etc. Thanks for everyone's help.

Slarti

Dec 14, 2011
I have just got a Eee pad transformer, and have placed a few gigs worth of songs onto a USB drive. I can find the drive and the songs, but how do I get them onto the tablet's hard drive (and I assume that the inbuilt storage is called a SD card, for some reason?)?

I have an iMac, and connecting the two and just transferring files doesn't look straightforward.

Cheers.