Transformer 201 Not Charging Above 75%

ShakeyJake

Mar 3, 2012
Hey folks,

After a few months of perfect use my 201 has stopped charging properly. Regardless of whether it's charged from the dock or just straight from the (official, original) wall charger it just gets to 75% and then stops.

The light stays orange on the tablet, but the little lightening bolt in the battery indicator goes away and the battery app says 'not charging'.

Any ideas? I hate the thought of losing out on a massive part of the battery.

Jack

ShakeyJake

Mar 3, 2012
Thanks for the idea but it's staying at 75% based on that and another free battery meter I found. Is it possible to reset the tablet somehow without losing data? I've rebooted the normal way obviously. Failing that, it might be Asus support. :(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You can wipe the tablet (Factory Data Reset).

Before doing that, use the App Backup app that comes pre-installed. Backup the apps and data (do multiple backups if needed). Copy the backup files off the device (microSD, USB, Computer, Cloud Storage) along with any other important files (documents, photos, screenshots, music, movies, books) that are located in the /sdcard/ directory.

Then, execute the factory data reset.

When setting it back up, I would be sure to untick the box to restore the tablet from your google account just to be sure an app is not causing an issue with the battery percentage.

Test it out and see if it will charge past 75%.

If not, you will probably have to send it to Asus. If it is fixed, open App Backup and restore your apps and also copy your other files back to the tablet as well.