Transformer + Dock , battery?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Both have their own battery. By itself, I get about 7 hours on the tablet. When docked to the keyboard, I have gotten 13 hours and still have 24-26% battery life left.

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
Bought the dock from Newegg for $100. Even niftier than I had hoped. The only thing that would make the Transformer absolutely perfect now would be drivers for direct printing.

I now have an awesome tablet AND a handy little netbook all rolled into one. Asus rocks!!!

Seadart

Jul 24, 2011
I use PrinterShare on my TF101 - works very well. Often can print via a 'share' menu item in an app or choose the type of item you want to print from within the PrintShare app and then choose the file via a file manager interface.

Gazelle2

Oct 28, 2011
Both have their own battery. By itself, I get about 7 hours on the tablet. When docked to the keyboard, I have gotten 13 hours and still have 24-26% battery life left.

I have yet to completely exhaust either the tablet or the dock but I have noticed on potentially significant event concerning the battery in the dock. I find that when the dock charge drops below about 20% I can no longer see nor access the 16Gb SD card I have installed in the dock. I haven't tried to access either of the USB ports in the dock during these low-charge excursions.