Transformer docking/keyboard USB fault

techman47

Jul 20, 2011
Just had a fault occur whereby the top right USB port failed to respond to any device plugged in but the lower one is fine, I tried every option including a full reset but no good so took it back to the retailer who tried there best to get out of any responsibility by trying to enforce the 28 day rule they even phoned Asus technical who were also no help and would not support me in trying to get a replacement one even though I spoke to them as well.:mad:
Eventually after me suggesting about four times they tried my tab on their display dock which would prove the point I then suggested they swap mine for the display one which they did.:)
Has anyone else had keyboard/docking problems with the USB?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Feel your pain....

Just bought my Transformer and keyboard so it's taking a bit of time to go through all the features to see if they work.
I jacked an external USB card reader into both USB ports on the dock and was able to see the 2G card.
For the storage device (card reader) you have to MOUNT and UN-MOUNT in the settings under STORAGE.

BTW... did you know the touch pad is also multi-touch... just discovered that...!