Transformer firmware update today?

omegajb

Jun 24, 2011
I received a notification that there was a firware update availabe. Any idea what the fix is for?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Appears to be minor performance enhancements including new market app and some other goodies (less lag in the stock browser - still testing that out to see if its not my imagination, wifi update). Not HC 3.2, but at least its something to whet our appetite before that update is released imminently.

Last edited:

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
I got my update on it today. I started a build number thread so I can keep track of various updates that we get. I find it interesting how the ASUS sites have a different build number than what I have on mine..

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Did anyone noticed the Android with the gears during the update? Was that new, or did I miss that the first time Upgraded to 3.1?

Divaldiorn

Jul 15, 2011
Hi,

I haven't received any update...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Hi,

I haven't received any update...

Try going into settings/about tablet and click on system update to see if it shows up. That's what I did after I heard that it was out there. It showed up a few minutes after querying for the update via the menu selection above.

lightstream

Jul 14, 2011
Since updating yesterday I haven't experienced the wifi problem. It connects immediately after waking from the lock screen, no matter how long it's been asleep. I hope this is really fixed. They also fixed the problem with the speakers - volume and balance. I still have the browser lag so that will probably have to be fixed by the next Honeycomb update.

I was surprised to see they left the subtext in the notifications dialog under the docking heading: "Use keyboard to type words". I kind of expected that one to disappear.

Divaldiorn

Jul 15, 2011
Try going into settings/about tablet and click on system update to see if it shows up. That's what I did after I heard that it was out there. It showed up a few minutes after querying for the update via the menu selection above.

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it's not working yet..

Divaldiorn

Jul 15, 2011
Since updating yesterday I haven't experienced the wifi problem. It connects immediately after waking from the lock screen, no matter how long it's been asleep. I hope this is really fixed. They also fixed the problem with the speakers - volume and balance. I still have the browser lag so that will probably have to be fixed by the next Honeycomb update.

I was surprised to see they left the subtext in the notifications dialog under the docking heading: "Use keyboard to type words". I kind of expected that one to disappear.

browser lag is very annoying, i hope next update fixed it.

caiguar

Jun 28, 2011
I have been checking all day but I have not received anything, hopefully I get it soon.

update: as I was pressing the submit on the post, the update started downloading, going pretty fast.

momo

Jul 7, 2011
Did any of you get the update for the docking station too!!? Cause I heard your keyboard dock would get updated but mine hasn't. I have tried connecting it and stuff but no luck so far. Could anyone help please?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Did any of you get the update for the docking station too!!? Cause I heard your keyboard dock would get updated but mine hasn't. I have tried connecting it and stuff but no luck so far. Could anyone help please?

The keyboard doc update came with the update to HC 3.1. If your tab was already updated to 3.1, chances are your keyboard dock also received its firmware update from the tab. The latest update did not update the keyboard dock.

malimage

Jul 2, 2011

Check your VERSION MOBILEDOCK in the parameter section, if you have EP101-0209 your are up to date.
When I finaly succed my update to 3.1 I didn't have any notification for my docking station :confused:. After a few check I realize that I was already at level 0209.

ma

momo

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for your help so far guys. It's just that I have bought my TF in Europe and the keyboard layout of the dock is a bit different from the one used in America (for instance the question mark for me is shift button next to the zero key, but I have to shift the button next to the pointstop key in the bottom to the right eventhough my keyboard actually shows the key as - and _). I don't know if I just made sense trying to explain myself but I thought with the keyboard update, I would be able to change the input of my keyboard from American to a European layout. But It is still doing that. Is this something that could be fixed without the update and I just don't know about it??

Also could you explain a little about that parameter thingie... where exactly is that for me to check??

thanks again guys for the help... I really appreciate it. It's just annoying to type on this keyboard and all the things (brackets, comma, exclamation point, etc) not being on their right places :/

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
I got the 3.2 update today. I'm in Oregon. I went to settings about tablet and then system firmware update and hit the Check update twice. The first time it did not find anything the second time it found the update.
Android version 3.2
GPS Version -V1.5.0
Wi-Fi- V5.2.52
Bluteooth- V6.19
Kernel-
2.6.36.3 android@mercury #1
build-
HTJ85B.US_epad-8.6.5.6-20110726

Can confirm that there is still no Netflix in the marketplace and I had downloaded the Netflix.api (246) and installed that, and still no working netflix as of yet.

Last edited: