Transformer for Christmas

DaddyGo

Dec 26, 2011
Hi all! Just got a new TF (w/keyboard) for Christmas. My question is, before I open it, should I return it and trade up to the TF Prime (if it ever becomes available) or is the TF good enough to get me by for a while? I know it is a fairly subjective question but any insight would be appreciated. Will be "mainly" for web browsing, email, etc but will probably want to play some games too. Is the Prime that much better? Thanks.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I guess you'll be waiting until someone that owns a Prime and has had experience with the TF to chime in. Do a side by side spec research on them. Maybe it'll help you. Good luck!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Ok, one of our sister forums (TransformerForums.com) has a moderator who picked up a Prime (and has a TF101 as well) and did this writeup:

http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...s/11219-first-impression-tf101-vs-tfp201.html

As of now, not a huge difference as Honeycomb does not take full advantage of the quad core architechture. Some games can use it, but overall if you are not huge into gaming, probably not worth the price so long as you got a good deal on your current transformer.

We have a forum dedicated to the Prime over there and quite a few folks who have both. Check it out for some opinions.