Transformer Prime Update Improves Performance But Causes Other Issues

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
prime-ics-update.jpg

The new Transformer Prime update, version 8.8.3.3.33, is out now. The update includes some performance enhancements and (was supposed to improve to the GPS system, but hasn't); however, it also appears to cause some other issues as well. In fact, several folks over on the TransformerForums have been discussing how the update is prone to failure and could "brick" your system. According to the reports in the forums, several folks have already been working with Asus, and some have had to RMA their devices. Luckily, according to the latest info, Asus is aware of the problem and is working on a firmware or software patch to fix it, so that an RMA will not be necessary. Here's a quote from forum member, iannkt78:

Ok I just got off the phone and they said they are aware of the issue and that they will contact me in a few days to give me direction on what to do next. Looks like they are going to try and produce a fix vs rma'ing it? He never mentioned rma'ing the tablet.

Source: Asus Transformer Prime Forum

G37

Jan 3, 2012
NUTS! Now Android is going to have a reputation for ad-hoc updates that cant be support by vendors.