Travel Tablet

Elgan

Mar 18, 2011
Hello,

I am looking for a tablet for travel. I have bad eyesight and found using the Ipad was amazing, loved the screen, loved that its quite sharp and fast and that you can hold it up close and type. I prefer typing on that, a laptop, you just cant hold it and type...

i want a tablet with 3G and wifi. I have never used 3g but would rather have it. Phones screens are small. and i would not be doing booking on a phone screen..

It MUST have an SD slot, not microSD. GOD this is the hardest thing, the majority have microsd. grr, My camera of course has an SD slot. i want to be able to manage and upload images... put on films and watch them.

Which brings me to the next point:
GOOD battery life

* Not small than the Ipad, found it to be a wonderful size. I think
9" Screen size....
* battery Life
* SD card reader
* USB
* WIFI
* 3G

Thats all i ask. lightweight of course.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Most MicroSD cards come with aqn adaptor that allows them to be used on a full sized SD card slot. So maybe it isn;t as critical thqat your device accept a full sized SD card? Something to think about anyway..

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
so why the desire for the 3g. if you travel overseas most folks just look for a wifi connection. personally right now i would stick with your ipad since you can get the camera connection kit to use with the sd card.

Elgan

Mar 18, 2011
I dont own an Ipad, just tested one.

3G because there is not always an wireless signal available in places i like to try and travel to.

Also i did think that you can get adapters. and i could replace all my SD cards with a single 32GB microsd with an adapter. but it seems so much hassle. When i already have a load of SD cards, Is it not just easier to have an SD already.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
one thing you should consider whether the tablet works with skype. it seems that some tablets cannot work properly with skype lucky for me i could not get my apple iphone to take a foreign sim card so i lived off skype when abroad