Travel Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by Elgan, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Elgan

Elgan Member

Hello,

I am looking for a tablet for travel. I have bad eyesight and found using the Ipad was amazing, loved the screen, loved that its quite sharp and fast and that you can hold it up close and type. I prefer typing on that, a laptop, you just cant hold it and type...

i want a tablet with 3G and wifi. I have never used 3g but would rather have it. Phones screens are small. and i would not be doing booking on a phone screen..

It MUST have an SD slot, not microSD. GOD this is the hardest thing, the majority have microsd. grr, My camera of course has an SD slot. i want to be able to manage and upload images... put on films and watch them.

Which brings me to the next point:
    GOOD battery life

* Not small than the Ipad, found it to be a wonderful size. I think
    9" Screen size....
    * battery Life
    * SD card reader
    * USB
    * WIFI
    * 3G

Thats all i ask. lightweight of course.

2. DanU

DanU Member

Tablet / Device:
    WITSA91
    Most MicroSD cards come with aqn adaptor that allows them to be used on a full sized SD card slot. So maybe it isn;t as critical thqat your device accept a full sized SD card? Something to think about anyway..

3. jfdecastro

jfdecastro Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid (VZW), PanImage 7" Android
  4. hoben02

hoben02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    epad zenithink zt-180
    so why the desire for the 3g. if you travel overseas most folks just look for a wifi connection. personally right now i would stick with your ipad since you can get the camera connection kit to use with the sd card.

5. Elgan

Elgan Member

I dont own an Ipad, just tested one.

3G because there is not always an wireless signal available in places i like to try and travel to.

Also i did think that you can get adapters. and i could replace all my SD cards with a single 32GB microsd with an adapter. but it seems so much hassle. When i already have a load of SD cards, Is it not just easier to have an SD already.

6. hoben02

hoben02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    epad zenithink zt-180
    one thing you should consider whether the tablet works with skype. it seems that some tablets cannot work properly with skype lucky for me i could not get my apple iphone to take a foreign sim card so i lived off skype when abroad