Traveling With Nook

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I made a cross country trip with my Nook Color and it was a real winner. My flight there was delayed by 4 hours but it kept right on going. With WiFi on, lots of web browsing, Facebook, and reading, I got a good 8 hours out of it. It connected to the WiFi on the plane with no problems. It was a great traveling companion. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I couldn't agree more, it is a great traveling companion. I took mine on a fishing trip a couple weeks ago and I was able to connect to the resort hot spot from my cabin a couple hundred feet away. Out in the middle of the lake though, I could only catch up on reading my free Friday books that I'm way behind on.:cool:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It is a great little device isn't it :D I haven't traveled with mine much yet but it is always ready to go with a library of books and entertainment when I do.

Spider, how does this thing work as only an e-reader? I can't believe you had to read books on it... lol ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Spider, how does this thing work as only an e-reader? I can't believe you had to read books on it... lol ;)

In bright sunlight it's almost unusable, but in anything from overcast to totally dark it's very good. I alternated between reading on the Nook and using the Nook app on my laptop and loved the way they synced. Whenever I switched between them, it went right to the last page I was reading on the other device.