Travelling/Power adapters for ACer Iconia

Intangble

Jul 13, 2011
Hi - I am going to Italy/Turkey/Croatia/Greece and am bringing my Iconia. am i correct in understanding that i ONLY need a Power Adapter, not a converter.

the brick on the AC charger says 100-240v, and 50-60hz , just want to make sure i do not FRY my iconia on first plug in!

Any advice on what i need for it to charge in europe is helpful

thanks!

dacarter

Jun 24, 2011
I used my A500 in London, Paris, Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany last month on a family vacation. We had only the adapters, with no transformers inside and it worked fine. Really worked well and much better than lugging a laptop.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Yes. Your adapter is multivoltage and will work all around the world. You just need an adaptor for the physical form factor of the plugs. Not a voltage converter.

Enjoy your travels,
Gilles.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
ggravier is right. you can use your laptop power adaptor around the globe but the important is the plug adapter for any kinds of outlets and most of them (laptops) have an auto voltage so it can be used even you plug it on low (110v) or high (220v) current but not all of these laptop brands have it, so better check it first before plugging in wall outlet. (better safe than sorry)

Different countries don't have the same wall outlet so better to have it everytime you travel.

Like me, I'm from the Philippines and as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), I always bringing my laptop and with my trusty 'ol friend adapter because on all countries i've been working have different types of power outlet especially on Airports while waiting for my flight; charging my mobile phone and using my laptop surfing the net.

It only cost little and a very handy for each and every travellers around the world.

Last edited: