Trouble accessing the Application Market - Android Tablet 2.2 WM 8650

Tamborinegilr

Nov 13, 2011
I am unable to download anything from the Android Market and from what I have been reading, it would seem that I need a Firmware upgrade. It is a Froyo Ver 1.5.5. Can you advise me where I can get this upgrade and instructions on how to do it? Thank you.

kAyToTieLaNg

May 16, 2011
Hi I'm using android tablet 8" VIA 8650 froyo 2.2 and same as your version 1.5.5 .. I have an access with android market in web and same as the android market app built on it... It was syncronize on the web.. Only limited apps are compatible but its alright.

Sent from my generic using Android Tablet Forum

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Try this,
Goto settings/manage apps/ market. Clear cache then force stop.
Then goto google services framework/ clear data then force stop.
Restart your tab. It may work.my tab has uberoid f/w so you might need this 1st.
Good luck

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Check the link in my sig for a way that worked for me to get the genuine Android market on my tab with stock firmware. However, based on my experience I would recommend Uberoid as it made my tablet far more useable.

chrisken

Feb 19, 2012
I had the same problem myself with my pandigital star tablet. I found on youtube this video of someone giving a link that allowed me to put android market app on my tablet and it works for me. The video:
The Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?s=3d958b4ac12d71aa08a6644d1502... It gave me a zip file that I put on a SD card and installed onto my tablet and registered with android market so now I get stuff from there all the time. I know I don't have the same tablet as you but hopefully this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

wd9dui

Mar 10, 2012
This may help for those units that do not work at all, I was able to get mine to work just by clearing files and force stop as stated in early posts.

Last edited by a moderator: