trouble downloading some apps from playstore but not others

biccus8

May 7, 2012
i bought a chinese tablet in dubai. It uses android 4.0.3 . The brand is xtouch. the model number is Dfp7005 . when i go into the play store i can downloadsome appsbut cannot download others such as eurosport and tune in radio. these do not appear in playstore but when i go onto individual app websites it says my device is not compatible with the app. can anyone please help me?

J

jimbo7630

4.0.3 may be the reason for the incompatibility thing.

biccus8

May 7, 2012
can i do something to get around this? is this not the latest version of android?

J

jimbo7630

I think that is the problem, it is the latest version but I believe that some older Apps have a problem because it's new. I'm sure someone can enlighten you more and possibly advise going back to an earlier OS.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Some apps aren't available in some countries. And some apps haven't been updated to work with 4.0.x. You can edit the build.prop file if you have root access to read a different version to trick the play store to seeing a different firmware.

J

jimbo7630

I just downloaded Eurosport from Google Play to my Zenithink running Gingerbread 2.3.4

biccus8

May 7, 2012
hi many thanks droid-xer. however i am clueless and you would need to explain it simply to me. i am just getting into pc and tablet as i am an old guy!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Ah no worries. Rooting is gaining admin level access to your device to edit system files. I don't see a root method for that model of tablet though. So you might have to sit tight for another solution unless someone else chimes in.

biccus8

May 7, 2012
ta droid-xer! if anyone has any ideas let me know. droid-xer do you believe the apps i want will become available to me soon??

biccus8

May 7, 2012
hi many thanks i tried to register but seemed to have a problem. seems i have to wait as some apps not using android 4.0.3 yet. if anyone hears when they are likely to be updated let me know. apps like tune in radio, eurosport etc thanks to all for the help

nicklepot

May 7, 2012
Hi my husband bought me a Colby and and am not able to download e books? I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Last edited:

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
ta droid-xer! if anyone has any ideas let me know. droid-xer do you believe the apps i want will become available to me soon??

Hi biccus. I have an Acer A500 that just upgraded to the latest 4.0.3 ICS and according to my Play Store, the Tune In Radio app is updated for ICS because in the what's new section it says they fixed widget issues for ICS devices. Anyway, I was looking for a radio app so I just now installed it and it works perfectly and I like it a lot. You can try sideloading the apps that say they are incompatible. Even though it says that, they could still run just fine. I just found one or two apps that won't run with ICS yet but I would guess that most of them will. If you don't know what sideloading is or how to do it, maybe this post would help:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-how-side-load-apps-if-market-wont-work.html

This might also help:

http://androapks.com/1020/download-tunein-radio-pro-5-4-apk

Last edited:

biccus8

May 7, 2012
many thanks i followed the steps outlined and used file explorer and it came back could not complete due to a parse error. help!! any help greatly appreciated!!

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
many thanks i followed the steps outlined and used file explorer and it came back could not complete due to a parse error. help!! any help greatly appreciated!!

Do you have a setting in your tablet to check to install from alternate sites? Is it checked? It could be a corrupted download of the apk. Try downloading it again, or search for another website that has it. Try downloading it directly to your PC and transferring it to your tablet, or give this a shot:
.APK install - An online tool for installing Android Package .apk program files on your Android device.

Someone said apps that wouldn't install from the regular market would install if he got them from applanet:
http://applanet.net/

Last edited: