Trouble playing downloaded movies

globalwad

Nov 19, 2011
This is really hit and miss, and very frustrating. I would say more than 70% of the movies I try to play on my Vizio tablet come up with and error of "Sorry, this video cannot be played". I have tried different players, Mobo, MX, Dice, etc, and they are seem to be the same. I've tried SW and HW modes. No luck.
Most of my movies are .AVI and around 700mb. The strange part is that one will play fine while the other will not, even though both are .avi files.
I even went so far as to take the time to convert one of them that would not play over to .MP4 and MPEG-4 to see if that fixed it and they still won't play.
I should also say that these files play fine on my laptop with both WMP and VLC player.
Am I missing something with regard to Android and what these tablets need for codecs, etc? This is my first tablet so I am totally new to Android.
Thanks all-

globalwad

Nov 19, 2011
**Update

I think I found my issue. All the movies that I was trying to play were located on my external 32g micro SD card. I tried moving a couple movies that wouldn't play over to the internal storage on the Vizio and they played fine. Now I'm happy to have found my issue, but bummed to see I have another problem now in using the external SD card. Damn technology, ha.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
That dose suck if that is the reason. I hope it's not though, other wise thats more bad news for all Tvab owners.

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
That's interesting. I've had no problems playing multiple .avi movies off of my external 8GB SD card. I use the free version of MX Video player (by the way, a great player if you have kids, IMHO).

robop

Dec 6, 2010
what class memory card are you useing globalwad? You too eracer? Maybe the kind or class of the SD card is the issue?

sigel

Oct 28, 2011
I highly recommend Rock Player..

I was actually about to purchase an msdcard for my tab to store some shows/movies, hope I don't run into the same problem.