Trouble Syncing WMPlayer Playlist to Nexus 7 Audio

cedarville97

Nov 25, 2013
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if the tablet I have is 1st or 2nd gen. It is the jellybean, have had it less than a year, so my apologies if I'm in the wrong forum.

I feel so stupid because I have somehow transferred a whole mess of playlists in the past, which I created in Windows Media and then transferred to my tablet. For some odd reason I can't get anything else to work now. I followed the steps to create a sync list (just one title - a playlist), then I start the sync, it seems to go through the process, tells me it is finished and I can disconnect the tablet, and when I "check sync," it shows me the whole list of songs I specified which supposedly has synced (all new stuff, not updating anything that has already been transferred). It tells me I have plenty of storage left on the device. So I don't get it. Why then, can I not find the playlist anywhere on the tablet? Not in the downloaded files, not on my music player or anywhere that I can find. What am I missing?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Unfortunately, I found out just now that WMP puts ALL the music files on the root folder of the SD memory! But I do know there is a workaround (settings you type in) to get WMP to put your music in a specific folder, such as "ALL Music." But I forgot where it is on the Net or on my PC.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi cedarville, welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Sorry I can't help with the playlist, but I don't have any on my tablet. As far as the generation of your tablet is concerned, just look at the back of your tablet. If "nexus" is written in portrait mode, like the tablet on the left, your tablet is a generation one. If it's in landscape mode, like the one on the right, it's a generation 2 (2013) model.

View attachment 11968

Enjoy your tablet and the forum!