Trouble updating acer iconia tab a500 to ics

Cyberpunk14

Apr 28, 2012
I want to update my Acer Iconia a500 tablet tab a500 to ICS 4.0, yesterday I was downloading it in my tablet so that indicated to me but I could not download it because I had to go and I was in public place, leaving half the discharge. Today it doesn't tells me I should do an update as it always does when one is available and when I go to the option to search for available updates tells me that network coverage is poor at this time trasladece to a place with better coverage to continue, although WIFI signal is at maximun it say this, some times I've done updates with lower signal of which I have now and had never said that before. What shoul I do?

HiLander

Apr 29, 2012
There are a number of people having this same problem worldwide - including myself. Combined, we've done all the troubleshooting from moving to different networks up to factory resets. Because the problem is so wide-spread, we've concluded that it's indicating a problem on Acer's end (most likely server overload).

(Try to) keep patient, and hopefully Acer will figure this out soon. :)

Mamahnita

Nov 27, 2011
I'm so glad I didn't update mine yet and reading all the problems with it don't think I will.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

gage_96

May 14, 2012
Has anyone encounter this issue. I got the ICS update downloaded and it goes through the motions and reboots. After it starts up the little HC bee appears on top of a box and progress bar beneath it. The progress goes about a 1/3 of the way then stops and the HC bee appears with an exclamation point and then nothing. I turn off the tablet and turn it back on... It goes into HC... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Has anyone encounter this issue. I got the ICS update downloaded and it goes through the motions and reboots. After it starts up the little HC bee appears on top of a box and progress bar beneath it. The progress goes about a 1/3 of the way then stops and the HC bee appears with an exclamation point and then nothing. I turn off the tablet and turn it back on... It goes into HC... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Did you download the Acer Enhance app from the Play Store?